Phone rings but nothing on screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Indian Devil, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Indian Devil macrumors regular

Mar 3, 2014
    Hi all

I am facing an issue on my iPhone 6 on 9.1, once a day it happens that the phone rings but there's nothing on the display even if I click the home button and unlock the phone nothing shows. First I thought that it was just my phone but then I noticed the same issue on my wife iPhone 6 and my mother in law's iPhone 4 both on 9.1.

Anyone else facing this issue and any solution to this?

I can't take it to Apple care as there's none in my city. I am from India and both of my iPhone 6 are from USA.

2. Realistiic macrumors regular

Sep 23, 2012
    Myself and my friend both got this. The phone rings but there is nothing you can do to answer the call, not even going to the phone app work. I ended up doing a clean restore and I haven't seen this bug since.
  3. Indian Devil thread starter macrumors regular

Mar 3, 2014
    Hmm I have already restored both iPhone 6 as new but no change.

I think it's a iOS bug but find it strange that it never happens on 6+ and 6s+ with others in my home.
  4. Stevessvt macrumors 6502

Jul 2, 2010
    The title of this thread accurately describes my exwife.
  5. skyperbon macrumors regular

Jul 7, 2010
    All over the WWW...
    I've been having the same issue with my 6 since the past few weeks. There is no notification, no mail, no missed call when I check after the alert sounds.

Running 9.2 btw.
  6. The1n macrumors newbie

Feb 12, 2012
    Next time try to bring up task switcher, i found the incoming call there and selected it and voila i could answer. But im sure its a iOS 9 bug.