Phone salesman spews B.S.

Jbravo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 15, 2010
I was at Sam's Club earlier today and heard this actual exchange with the phone salesman and a customer. I didn't see what carrier the salesman worked for though.

Customer: "I have an iPhone"

Phone salesman: "Have you looked at the new Blackberry's? The trouble with touchscreen phones like the iPhone is that the touchscreens will eventually wear out and when it does, for instance, you touch up here on the screen, it will register down here instead."

Me: "WTF?!"

I didn't stick around for the rest of the conversation, wish I would have now.

boy-better-know

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2010
England
yep, it's pretty normal, one told my friend the other day to "buy this iPhone because the next one isnt coming out til 2015"

how can they get away with these lies. its funny when they try it on someone who knows what they are talking about and they look stupid

May 8, 2008
I was at Sam's Club earlier today and heard this actual exchange with the phone salesman and a customer. I didn't see what carrier the salesman worked for though.

Customer: "I have an iPhone"

Phone salesman: "Have you looked at the new Blackberry's? The trouble with touchscreen phones like the iPhone is that the touchscreens will eventually wear out and when it does, for instance, you touch up here on the screen, it will register down here instead."

Me: "WTF?!"

I didn't stick around for the rest of the conversation, wish I would have now.
There's the problem. Some idiot tried to talk me into getting Direct TV when I was at Best Buy this afternoon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.