phone shut off by itself today

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lakaiordie, Aug 22, 2008.

1. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

i was in an interview and put my phone in its holster i dont think i shut it off by accident when i put it back in because you need to swipe your finger for it to fully shut off dont you? but when i pulled it out it was off. i held the on/off button for like 10 seconds, and nothing. held the home button, nothing. finally i held both for like 30 seconds at least maybe more and it came back on. it was weird, anyone else have this happen to them?

2. caribe81 macrumors newbie

It happen to me too today

I had just ended a call, and tap the screen to make another and the screen went black. I tried powering off the phone and it did not work. I tried holding the home screen for a few seconds and nothing. I had my husband call me with his cell phone and the phone did not ring. I thought great I have to take it to apple to get it repaired. When i got home I plugged it to the computer and i tunes recognized the phone but the screen or phone still did not work. After reading your post I tried what you mentioned holding down the power button and home button for 30 seconds and it WORKED!!! THANKS!!!!

3. lakaiordie thread starter macrumors 65816

no problem

4. creeman macrumors 6502

This happens to me almost once a day. I have a jailbroken phone, and was thinking that had something to do with it. Is yours jailbroken?

5. lakaiordie thread starter macrumors 65816

nope, just 2.0.2

6. Rybold macrumors 6502a

Rybold

The worst is when it starts turning on by itself. It's like the Twilight Zone! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    It'll be 3am and you're sleeping, and the phone will turn on and start saying
    "come play with me. come play with me." :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

LoL :D
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1800116994/info

7. ZDDP1273 macrumors 6502

This has happened to me probably 3 times total since I've got my phone. I've had mine for almost a month now. I just plug it into my charger and the screen pops back up. It is annoying though. My roommate has the OG iPhone and he said his does it as well.

8. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

random complete shutoffs restarts happen. Not sure what causes it so don't be alarmed. Mine did it today.

9. lakaiordie thread starter macrumors 65816

its apples version of the bsod

black screen of death! lolol

10. mvbarkan macrumors newbie

Cell phone shuts off itself

I had this problem, that a cell phone shuts off itself. What I tried to do is to clean the battery and the battery phone contacts gently rubbing them with the back end of a match.

11. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G (white): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

That's really helpful.