Phone Slowed Down

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Big Ells, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Big Ells macrumors 6502

Big Ells

Somthings slowing my phone down. When i open multitasking or go into settings it seems to hang for 5-7 seconds. It's done it for a while but recently has started to annoy me.

Is there anything known on cydia to cause this?
    Thought I would ask before i list everything I have, I've cleared everything off that i dont use on a regular basis with no luck.

Thanks

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Without knowing what you got installed it is really hard to make an intelligent guess.

Activator used to do that (not anymore, at least not on my phone with the latest version)

3. Big Ells thread starter macrumors 6502

Big Ells

I did mean was there anything that installs itself that may cause it?

When i get home from work i will do a list. Everything i have installed is standard stuff apart from some themes i have ssh'd in. Hummm!

4. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

You may want to install FakeClockUp to make the phone feel a bit snappier, though it won't fix your settings problem. Just try to keep the Settings running in the background so it won't have to load every time.

5. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

FakeClockUp did this to me the 1st time I installed it. I would recommend TS to uninstall one thibg at a time and try his devicd out. Try and uninstall the tweaks in the order you installed them - if possible. Last option. - restore w/o reading back a backup

6. Big Ells thread starter macrumors 6502

Big Ells

Have fakeclockup, doesn't help the lag.

I have tried un-installing loads of stuff. But when looking through my packages theres loads of stuff i have no idea what it does. DOn't really want to start deleting random bits.

If a restore and new set up is the only option i'll leave it for now :p

7. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

What I meant was to U n i n s t a l l FakeClockUp