Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

forumz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2009
Hi all, I'm in desperate need of help here.

I was happily on 4.1 Unlocked/Jailbroken (3GS), and than decided I wanted to try iOS5. So,i upgraded using Sn0wbreeze, preserving my baseband with a tethered jailbreak. I went to Install Ultrasn0w on Cydia, but it didn't work, so I tried resetting my network settings. Soon after that, I couldn't get it to boot back using iBooty. So, I tried to just restore to a 4.1 IPSW I made using iFaith (Kept my blob), but it wouldn't restore (Errors in the 1600's, sometimes 20, once 2005). Tried using iREB to no avail. Right now it's just a black screen. I even tried an official restore to the latest (was going to sacrifice my baseband). but got a 1601 error. ANY Help getting it on a working firmware (Preferably with my old baseband!) would be great.

Thanks.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Hi all, I'm in desperate need of help here.

I was happily on 4.1 Unlocked/Jailbroken (3GS), and than decided I wanted to try iOS5. So,i upgraded using Sn0wbreeze, preserving my baseband with a tethered jailbreak. I went to Install Ultrasn0w on Cydia, but it didn't work, so I tried resetting my network settings. Soon after that, I couldn't get it to boot back using iBooty. So, I tried to just restore to a 4.1 IPSW I made using iFaith (Kept my blob), but it wouldn't restore (Errors in the 1600's, sometimes 20, once 2005). Tried using iREB to no avail. Right now it's just a black screen. I even tried an official restore to the latest (was going to sacrifice my baseband). but got a 1601 error. ANY Help getting it on a working firmware (Preferably with my old baseband!) would be great.

Thanks.

Sounds you need to do a tethered reboot if on iOS5 (or was the restore to 4.x partially successful)
However, if you are on the iPad baseband, you might need to re-flash it
A 3GS can be restored to 4.1 without hashes, but if you need a custom IPSW then you will have to use that.
For specific help, we need to know old or new bootrom 3GS, what baseband, PC or Mac and what is the last firmware you tried to install

forumz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2009
Hey dhilzard, thanks for the reply. I'm using the new bootrom, and I'm on baseband 05.12.01, never had to use the iPad firmware. Im using a Mac with parallels (Windows 7) readily available, and the last one I tried to install was a stock 5.0.1. How would I go about doing a tethered reboot?

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Hey dhilzard, thanks for the reply. I'm using the new bootrom, and I'm on baseband 05.12.01, never had to use the iPad firmware. Im using a Mac with parallels (Windows 7) readily available, and the last one I tried to install was a stock 5.0.1. How would I go about doing a tethered reboot?

If you got onto iOS5, you need to just boot tethered
Get Redsnow (Mac or PC) and use it to just boot tethered
If you are on 5.0.1, point Redsn0w at 5.0 IPSW

If this doesn't work, follow the "here" link in my signature for more assistance

forumz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2009
I've managed to get it on Stock iOS5, but it tells me my SIM isn't from my original Carrier, even though it is. Anyone have any ideas?!
Thanks!

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
I've managed to get it on Stock iOS5, but it tells me my SIM isn't from my original Carrier, even though it is. Anyone have any ideas?!
Thanks!

Yep, if you restored to stock 4.1, I'll bet this is what happened:

Copy/pasted from DevTeam Blog by Slavakulikkof

slavakulikoff124p · 29 minutes ago
As it was promised!
Based on few posts claiming loosing radio on iphone4 after downgrading we felt an urge to investigate and possible sort out this issue. Here are my observations.
Iphone4 running 4.3.3 with baseband 4.10.01 was restored to custom 5.0.1 created with snowbreez. After restore phone was activated with ATT sim and become alive and well. IMEI, Bluetooth and such were present. Baseband naturally retained 4.10.01. Next phone was downgraded to CUSTOM 4.3.3, needless to say downgrade went flawless and phone becomes alive and well with retaining 4.10.01 beaseband and IMEI, Bluetooth and such present and working.
Restored again to custom baseband preserving breezed 5.0.1 , all fine, however this time i downgraded to STOCK 4.3.3, which resulted in loosing radio, IMEI, Bluetooth were greyed out.
Only way to fix it was to say "Good Buy" to 4.10.01 and restore this phone to STOCK 5.0.1 get new bungled baseband with it 4.11.08, activate with ATT sim.
Hence THE WARNING
Do not attempt to downgrade the iphone4 after it has been on iOS5.x.x to STOCK 4.3.3, use CUSTOM ONLY!

Check your settings to see if the bb, IMEI, Bluetooth and Wifi are greyed out or missing
If so, try restoring to custom IPSW

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.