Phone stuck in "No Service"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by keithos27, Oct 16, 2011.

1. keithos27 macrumors regular

Hi there! I just erased my old iPhone 4, reset it, and turned it off. I then turned on my new iPhone 4S and set it up for the first time as a new iPhone (not a restore) via WiFi and I saw a screen saying activation may take up to 3 minutes but then I just proceeded through the setup wizard.

Now my phone is all set up but I have not received any email/text/etc saying my phone is activated and it just says "No Service".

How do I remedy this?

Thanks,
    Keith

2. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

How did you "proceed"? It keeps you on that screen until it's activated.

Either way, you can try restarting it, or simply connecting it to iTunes if needed.

3. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

You wait until your carrier has activated your phone.

Same thing happened to me.

4. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Try rebooting. That made mine work.

5. keithos27 thread starter macrumors regular

Wow, thanks for the quick replies everyone!

Carrier is AT&T. I don't know how I proceeded... it just went to the next screen?

I tried powering off the device and powering it back on, still no dice.

Is this "normal" for a phone that is not activated or am I activated but having a different issue?

6. midnightfalcon macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I had to go to ATt.com/activations to get mine to activate

7. Vegasryn macrumors 6502

Don't know if ATT still has a backlog on new SIM activations. I didn't have this problem as I just took the SIM out of my 4 and put it in my 4s. Try the activations website above..

8. MisterDisney macrumors 6502a

It depends, my wife's phone came from AT&T and had a completely different setup process from mine (which came from Apple). She was using it for hours before it got carrier service. And my mother-in-law's came from Apple, but she has Sprint and she was also able to use her phone without getting service from the carrier.... Which for her took 12 hours.

9. nexsta macrumors 6502

10. keithos27 thread starter macrumors regular

I finally called AT&T and gave them my PIN # and they pushed some info to the iPhone to activate it.

Thanks everyone.

11. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

This sporadically happened to my iPhone 4 and happened to my 4S yesterday, just turn it off and back on.