Phone stuck on black loading screen

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by EngageWithRage, Mar 26, 2012.

1. EngageWithRage macrumors 6502

EngageWithRage

Ok so I downloaded an app and now my phone is stuck on the black loading screen and will not boot. I tired using iFunbox to remove all traces of the app but it still will not boot up. I am using an iPhone 4s on 5.0.1, any ideas as to what I am missing?

2. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

You might have to restore with iTunes and then back up from your latest sync.

3. EngageWithRage thread starter macrumors 6502

EngageWithRage

I don't really wanna do this, then I would forced to upgrade to 5.1 and cannot re-jailbreak. I have not upgraded yet so I am hoping I can just re-jailbreak my phone using the original IPSW I used before.

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

4s if you can't fix you will have to go with 5.1 ih8sn0w is not realesing for a while. You mught try a hard reset. What were you trying to install. Have you searched to see if outhers have had the issue and if they solved it.

5. EngageWithRage thread starter macrumors 6502

EngageWithRage

I tried a hard reset more than a few times, I was trying to install Tetherme and I am not sure what went wrong but after I did a respring it stayed stucko n that black loading screen. Tried everything and no dice...did multiple searches etc. I guess I will just have to do a restore..rather have my phone working lol

6. EngageWithRage thread starter macrumors 6502

EngageWithRage

Looks like I am in luck!

https://plus.google.com/115501967095521502133/posts/a4ULFCKJ3V5

7. EngageWithRage, Mar 26, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2012

EngageWithRage thread starter macrumors 6502

EngageWithRage

I was actually able to fix my phone without having to restore or anything. I saved my shsh just in case though.

I also had the issue of Cydia repeatedly crashing after I managed to get my phone to boot and I was able ot resolve this as well. If anyone is interested in knowing how I fixed it I will do my best to make a quick walkthrough

8. devil in angel macrumors newbie

I'll go to a wireless Internet place, and then let him finish download, this is my way.

9. jw6961 macrumors regular

jw6961

Same thing happened to me earlier tonight when trying to install Tetherme. I just did a hard reboot & fortunately it came back.

10. EngageWithRage thread starter macrumors 6502

EngageWithRage

My fix was al ot more tedious, especially since I did a hard reboot like 20 times lol