Phone Swap

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by auero, Oct 9, 2016.

1. auero macrumors 65816

My girlfriend has an iPhone 6 on Verizon under a two year contract that expires in December. I wanted to give her my 6s Plus to activate on Verizon and trade her old phone to Gazelle. Should I have any problems with trading the phone in since she's technically in contract? I know the phone is compatible with the network, but I wasn't sure if there would be some sort of hold on the phone.

2. bigcstyle4 macrumors 6502

You won't have any problem doing this. It doesn't matter that she's still under contract. The only phones that can't be traded in are the carrier financed ones.

3. aloecool macrumors regular

As long as the phone itself is paid off, you can do whatever you want. The contract is with the "account" and not the phone tied to the account. I do the swap on a yearly basis.

4. areyes163 macrumors 6502

areyes163

You can also trade in the finances ones as well. I have done it several times just this year already. Verizon won't take them however if you financed it through them but anywhere else will. I have traded a few into Best Buy for example that were financed. I and still responsible for the remaining payments however.