Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

streetfoldsfive

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 28, 2012
Thinking about leaving the iPhone 5 for the note 2 or the galaxy sIV. Any opinions? I would love a nexus device but some of the short comings on the nexus 4 turned me off. I do like the note screen size. Let the input flow:eek:

marc11

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2011
NY USA
Thinking about leaving the iPhone 5 for the note 2 or the galaxy sIV. Any opinions? I would love a nexus device but some of the short comings on the nexus 4 turned me off. I do like the note screen size. Let the input flow:eek:

Since you do not say why you want to leave the iPhone, what you use it for, what you do not like about the Nexus 4, what you are liking about the Note 2 other than screen size, how invested you are in the Apple ecosystem or any other important details then I say there are about 8500 threads and posts in this forum on this topic, I suggest you start reading.

TacticalDesire

macrumors 68020
Mar 19, 2012
Michigan
Try one out and see how you like it. The Note 2 is a very solid, well rounded phone. Nobody can comment on the S4 as no one has had it yet. But if it's anything like the S3, that to will be a very solid phone as well.

streetfoldsfive

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 28, 2012
The ipone is great but I have had one forever. I'm a little bored of iOS and though the one thing that worries me is iOS 7 being awesome but I doubt a major overhaul. I have a Mac and an iPad but also a nexus 7 so Iam somewhat indulged in apples ecosystem. However I use gmail, drive, and Dropbox as well. As for the nexus 4 I don't like the sub par battery or the Lacking LTE. I Do however love stock android. Now the note just grabs me for how different it is. The size is awesome and the s pen seems to work. The thing is also a spec monster.

marc11

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2011
NY USA
The ipone is great but I have had one forever. I'm a little bored of iOS and though the one thing that worries me is iOS 7 being awesome but I doubt a major overhaul. I have a Mac and an iPad but also a nexus 7 so Iam somewhat indulged in apples ecosystem. However I use gmail, drive, and Dropbox as well. As for the nexus 4 I don't like the sub par battery or the Lacking LTE. I Do however love stock android. Now the note just grabs me for how different it is. The size is awesome and the s pen seems to work. The thing is also a spec monster.

Don't buy on specs they only tell part of the story. Try the phones out and see how they perform they are not all equal. But the Note 2, yeah, IMHO rocks. Just a little too big for me.

streetfoldsfive

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 28, 2012
Don't buy on specs they only tell part of the story. Try the phones out and see how they perform they are not all equal. But the Note 2, yeah, IMHO rocks. Just a little too big for me.

Do you have experience with it? If so with the sizing aside everything ran smooth?

marc11

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2011
NY USA
Do you have experience with it? If so with the sizing aside everything ran smooth?

Just a small amount. Co-worker has one, I have played with it a few times, it was super smooth and fast. He has it and an iPhone 4, he perfers the Note over the iPhone....but it is not a fair comparison being that the iPhone is only a 4.

streetfoldsfive

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 28, 2012
Just a small amount. Co-worker has one, I have played with it a few times, it was super smooth and fast. He has it and an iPhone 4, he perfers the Note over the iPhone....but it is not a fair comparison being that the iPhone is only a 4.

Thanks for the input. I will probably pick one up and test it. If i end up not liking it which i could only imagine would be if in some way the screen size is to big, I always have a 30 day return period through verizon i believe

Knowimagination

macrumors 68020
Apr 6, 2010
I was in the exact same position. Bored of my iPhone and ordered a Nexus 4 wasn't super crazy about losing LTE but honestly I really like the nexus so far. The battery life isn't as good as my iPhone but it is not what I would call bad.

What really drove me to the nexus was that I could get it off contract and save my upgrade for the next iPhone if iOS 7 tempts me back.

streetfoldsfive

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 28, 2012
I was in the exact same position. Bored of my iPhone and ordered a Nexus 4 wasn't super crazy about losing LTE but honestly I really like the nexus so far. The battery life isn't as good as my iPhone but it is not what I would call bad.

What really drove me to the nexus was that I could get it off contract and save my upgrade for the next iPhone if iOS 7 tempts me back.

The nexus is a lovely phone, however not supported by verizon to my knowledge.:(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.