Phone switching to silent mode after restart

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by killerbot, Jun 25, 2015.

1. killerbot macrumors newbie

I don't know if my question belongs here but let's ask it anyway :D : I'm running iOS 8.3 on my iPhone6 and there's a strange bug : Let's say the phone is not mute ; if I turn off the phone and switch it on again, the phone is mute :S. Strange isn't it ? If you recognize this bug, is it fixed in iOS9 betas ?

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

What exactly do you mean "the phone is not mute" or "is mute"? And by turning off and on, are you talking about just locking the screen and unlocking it, or actually powering the phone off and then powering it back on?

3. killerbot thread starter macrumors newbie

"Is not mute" I mean I put it on Silent mode.
    "Turn it off and on" I mean powering the phone off and then powering it back on ;)

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

So you mean you turn the ringer down all the way and then when you reboot it it's back up all the way to full volume?

Or are you somehow talking about using the switch on the side to get it into silent/vibrate mode?

5. killerbot thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't use the ringer but "AssitiveTouch" in Accessibility settings (hope you understand me :p)
    And no it's the opposite : at the beginning it's full volume but when I power the phone off and then powering it back on, it's mute

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

What is the side switch set to (unless it's completely not functional for some reason)?

7. killerbot thread starter macrumors newbie

the side switch is down but I don't know what does that mean

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

if it's down (and you see a red/orange above it) then it's in the mute position. I would assume that for consistency after a restart the phone probably defaults to using the setting that the physical switch is set to, rather than whatever the last one that was set through hardware. Any particular reason you are not using the side switch to mute/unmute the phone?

9. killerbot thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah ok so it's a bug or it's usual ?

Any particular reason ? No it's functional it's just I don't want to use it

10. C DM macrumors Westmere

It doesn't sound like a bug. I would assume they do that not to confuse the user--after a restart you wouldn't really know the state the ringer is in except basically for the indicator on the switch on the side of the phone, so for consistency they likely match that state. At least that seems like how they would want to do it.