Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fjs08

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 25, 2003
I just got a Motorola E815 camera phone. My first camera phone. How do I get pics from the phone to iPhoto??

Thanks.

Frank

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
The biggest challenge will be getting the images off the phone. If the phone and your Mac both have Bluetooth that's probably the best way. Simply use the Bluetooth tranfer program (in Utilities) to grab all the photos.

Once the pictures are on your Mac you can import them as normal. As far as I am aware there is no automatic option (like when you plug in a normal digital camera).

fjs08

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 25, 2003
Bluetooth yes on the camera, but I'm not sure about my Powerbook. It's over 2 yrs old, one of the Ti-Books. I don't think it does??

There is a slot for this tiny, tiny card. I think I'll go to Best Buy to see if they have the card and an adapter/PCMCIA card. That may be another route!! Maybe I'll just bring my regular digital camera when I "really" want to take a photo<g>.

Frank

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
fjs08 said:
Bluetooth yes on the camera, but I'm not sure about my Powerbook. It's over 2 yrs old, one of the Ti-Books. I don't think it does??

There is a slot for this tiny, tiny card. I think I'll go to Best Buy to see if they have the card and an adapter/PCMCIA card. That may be another route!! Maybe I'll just bring my regular digital camera when I "really" want to take a photo<g>.

Frank

Not sure about BlueTooth on the TiBooks. A card reader will be quicker if you have lots of photos to transfer. I'd recommend using a "real" camera for shots you are going to want to keep as even the best camera phones (say the SE 750i) are not as good.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
hikeNM said:
I may be stupid here, but why not just email them from the phone to your computer. I guess you'd need two email accounts to do that, and if you have a bunch of pictures, it'd take bit, maybe.

Cost? And speed? You'd be tranferring data across the mobile (cell) network and, at least here in the UK, you tend to get charged for that.

Le Big Mac

macrumors 68030
Jan 7, 2003
Washington, DC
robbieduncan said:
Cost? And speed? You'd be tranferring data across the mobile (cell) network and, at least here in the UK, you tend to get charged for that.

Yeah, unless it's a one-time thing. Figure out how to get from phone to computer (bluetooth, card reader, PCMCIA). Once it's on computer, just import to iPhoto. No problem then.

hikeNM

macrumors 6502a
robbieduncan said:

True. I'm assuming this is a one time thing. I definitely wouldn't buy a phone wanting it to be my permanent digital camera too. If I did, it'd have to have a removable media card.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.