Phone to Phone contacts not syncing:(

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by amitabhbansal, Jul 2, 2015.

1. amitabhbansal macrumors 6502

friends i am using iphone 5s and 6+ everyday, both are on 3g, LTE or wifi everytime, i used to add contact in one phone and it automatically sync to icloud and appears on another phone, but from last few days its not working, i have checked icloud settings and the contacts are on,
    what i have noticed that if i add or edit anything in 6+ it appears on 5s, whereas if i add or edit on 5s it doesnt work on 6+
    dont know what the hell is going on, Please help me out
    Thanks

2. XTheLancerX, Jul 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2015

XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

iCloud has had the exact intermittent issues for me as well. Was perfect, and I mean PERFECT for a good year or so when I started using it, and then one day it just decided to NOT sync from my iPhone 6 to my mini 2, but sync from my mini 2 to my iPhone 6. One-way sort of thing like what you explained.

I recently logged out of iCloud for a full day but guess what that accomplished? Now nothing syncs at all, really. Here's how stuff goes down now. I made a contact on my iPad, that obviously didn't go through. I went over to my iPhone and made a different contact. Suddenly I have that contact AND the new one I made on my iPad. But none of it went over to my iPad at all. I think I'm just going to make an all new iCloud account or something. Extremely annoying situation.

3. cynics macrumors G3

Try this.

Open the contacts app. In the upper left corner press Groups.

Assure both All Contacts and Adress Book are check.

Pulled down on that screen so it refreshes. Do this on the device not syncing.

4. amitabhbansal thread starter macrumors 6502

cynics, your way is manually, which is force sync, i am doing it daily, isnt there any permanent solution? like it was doing before?

5. cynics macrumors G3

I've found that when I had a sync issue manually forcing it would get it working again albeit it may have been coincidence. I've had this happen with calendar before, for weeks I couldn't get it to sync from my phone to my Mac but it would work from my Mac to my phone. Once I manually synced all has been well ever since.

6. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Did you miss the part where the Cloud was having problems lately?:mad:

7. amitabhbansal thread starter macrumors 6502

didnt understand what u are saying

8. amitabhbansal thread starter macrumors 6502

i purchased a new iphone 6+ 128 gb today and fresh installed everything, with the same id, its happening the same thing, old iphone 6+ is syncing contacts everywhere whereas if i add or edit any contact in new 6+ its not working automatically, i losted my mind what the hell is it

9. amitabhbansal thread starter macrumors 6502

i have figured out something, let me explain it thoroughly, i have 2 iphone 6plus 128 gb,
    lets give them a name old iphone 6+ is Primary, and the new one is secondary,
    now here is the problem goes, when i add or edit any contact in secondary phone it appears in ipad and macbook but not on Primary iphone, if i force sync on primary phone it appears, now if i make a entry in contact in primary iphone it appears everywhere, dont know why Primary iphone not receiving automatically

10. amitabhbansal thread starter macrumors 6502

:D i found the solution, in my primary iphone icloud settings i just turned off the contacts and switched it on, and now its working perfectly, hope others can try the same solution for other sync problems. Thanks