Phone updating Apps w/o automatic app updates being on

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by frito1224, Apr 14, 2014.

1. frito1224 macrumors regular

Ok so i had too reset all setting's on my phone due too user era,when i realized that apps were updating by there self i went and turned that off in itunes app store settings and apps are still updating by their selves any way to fix this w/o doing a restore

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Did you turn off both Apps and Updates in those settings, just to make sure?

How can you tell that apps are still being updated on their own?

3. frito1224 thread starter macrumors regular

Yes i turned both off and yesterday i had 5 updates today i have 2

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

So how are you seeing that you had automatic updates?

5. frito1224 thread starter macrumors regular

I looked in settings app store and turned them off but its still updating by its self

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

I what is it that are you noticing that makes you think they apps are automatically updating?

7. frito1224 thread starter macrumors regular

I'm noticing that my iphone is automatically updating apps because i'm not doing it and I don't just go from having five apps that need to be updated to 2

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

Do you know that some of those apps that were listed earlier when you had 5 updates in fact got updated when the count went down to 2? Do you actually have the new updates versions of those apps? Perhaps their updates got pulled or aren't showing up correctly? Just trying to make sure there's not something else behind something odd like this.

9. Arelunde macrumors 6502a

Arelunde

Usually downloaded apps are listed in the Notification Center if you have allowed that. I also found apps downloaded even when I had it turned off, but I decided it was easier to have them auto-dl than to have to keep checking. By having it in the Notification Center, I can keep track.