Phone usage

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gslrider, Mar 30, 2011.

1. gslrider macrumors 6502

gslrider

I've never been much of a phone talker, but because I use my iP4 for business as well, I find myself taking more calls than usual. But whenever I pick up a call, hang up, then go back into my phone to check say email. When I unlock, it automatically shows either my contacts, recent or the keypad. Depending on what was used last under the Phone app. Is there a setting that when you unlock your phone (not jailbreak unlock), that your home screen comes up instead of your Phone app after a call?

And while on the topic of home screen, is there a short cut to go to the home screen instead of hitting the home button several times to get there? Especially if your 3 pages in, and in a folder.

2. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

The answer is NO to both questions.

3. gslrider thread starter macrumors 6502

gslrider

Thanks. That sux. The home key will probably be worn out before the actual phone. lol Too bad they couldn't make a setting where you can choose what double clicking the home key will do. Either the way it did in 3.0 or the way it does on 4.0. I don't use the multitask bar much anyway. Oh well, Apple does what Apple does.

4. wpotere Guest

There is a way to set it if you jailbreak.

5. gslrider thread starter macrumors 6502

gslrider

My buddy was telling me that too. But regardless of the benefits of jailbreaking, I really don't want to do that. Plus, I'm not even sure I can still jailbreak my iP4 running 4.1. I got an upgrade to this phone with 4.1 already installed. And I heard that you need to back up your older IPSW before 4.1, otherwise you can't jailbreak.

6. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

limera1n will jailbreak 4.1. How do you survive without MyWi :eek:

7. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

It's called having dedicated home broadband.

8. gslrider thread starter macrumors 6502

gslrider

I have a dedicated broadband as well. And most places I go, I can get free wifi. ie. work, friends' place, parents', sisters', etc... Although, my wifi tends to act up intermittently. An example, I could be standing beside my router, have full wifi bars, but some apps tell me I need to be connected to the internet to login. Or my wifi would switch to 3G on it's own, and to get back on my network wifi, I have to keep switching wifi on and off, until my network appears again on the list. Other than that, my iP4 runs great.