Phone Vibrates Too Much!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RG129, Aug 3, 2007.

1. RG129 macrumors member

Minor rant during my time of insomnia:

I LOVE my iPhone, but there's serious issues with their vibrating profiles.

Out of the many phones I've had, every single one of them automatically disabled their vibrate once it's been connected to power. Not with my iPhone. I only sync to a computer when I've added new music. The rest of the time, I plug it into the wall (with no dock). Even while it's charging and plugged in, the phone will vibrate when I get a call or when my alarm goes off. Not really a big deal, but I don't see why the vibrate can't stop.

Also...when I'm on a call, and I get a text message, the phone vibrates in my ear! All other phones I've had disable the vibrate while on a call and defer to a subtle beep. The vibrating in my ear still continues to shock me whenever I get a text message.

Does anybody else experience and is bothered by this?

2. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

I like it how it is... works good in the pants.

3. janey macrumors 603

janey

i love it when it vibrates :D

no, in all honesty..it's useful because sometimes I can't hear any sort of audio notification of something, while I can feel it.

4. fart macrumors regular

yeah, apparently I have the same problem with my

nevermind.

5. Joshua8o8 macrumors 6502

i like the feature that when you get a phone call, the iphone will ring and vibrate at the same time. My old nextel would only ring or vibrate, not do both at the same time. I like this feature because you cant always hear your iphone when your in a noisy mall for example, but you can always feel it.

6. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

There is a simple fix......

Turn on the ringer when you plug in the phone

7. mdwsta4 macrumors 65816

while i wish the actual vibration was more powerful, i do agree that when plugged in it is extremely annoying. every phone i have had will switch to ringer mode automatically unless otherwise changed when plugged in/charged. i obviously can't feel the phone vibrate if it's charging across the room. i've missed countless amount of phone calls due to this.
    it's stupid little quirks that this that really irk me about the iphone.

8. winterdude010 macrumors regular

winterdude010

None of the regular phones that I have had made the vibrate feature become disabled when connected to power. What phones did you use?? However the vibrating on your ear thing could get annoying I suppose :)

9. Lancetx macrumors 68000

Lancetx

It's not a stupid quirk in my opinion. My last phone (a Sony Ericsson) had the exact same behavior regarding this as the iPhone does.

If I want to hear the phone ring, I'll turn the ringer back on myself. I don't want it automatically switching from vibrate to ringer when I plug it in, it needs to stay where the user has it set. It's not that hard to simply flick the switch on the side to turn it on or off anyway. On my old Sony Ericsson, I actually had to go thru the menus to do turn the ringer/vibrate off and on, so the iPhone is a big improvement.

10. mdwsta4 macrumors 65816

what SE model did you have? i've been using mainly SE phones since sony and ericsson combined in 01 and of the 10 or so models i've had EVERY single one of them would default to the normal profile when plugged into a charger. the user could manually change what profile the phone was using when plugged it, but the default was the normal profile which rings.
    i'm a bit of a cell phone geek getting a new phone every few months and with all the SE, nokia, Motorola phones i've had over the years, not a single of one of them would vibrate when charged. all would default to ring.

11. gceo macrumors 6502a

gceo

Yeah. This should be fixed in a software update. As a person who receives several txts, it's annoying when talking, and the phone is vibrating. Really weird, I've never had a phone that did this, ever.

12. hendrik.5934 macrumors newbie

iPhone vibrates when being connected to power source

My iPhone vibrates twice (loudly) when being connected to a power source.

Does anyone know how to make this stop?

Is there a power source connection vibrate on/off toggle somewhere I haven't found?

13. zeeflyboy macrumors regular

Turn it off silent before plugging it in... It only vibrates when plugging in if you have it switched to silent.