Phone went black, now all texts gone?!?!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by davidnssbm, Oct 20, 2011.

1. davidnssbm macrumors regular

This is really sad to me because I've had texts since 2008 and now they are all gone after my phone went black (and I reset it) WTF?!

2. davidnssbm thread starter macrumors regular

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Cant you restore from backup to get all your texts back?

4. davidnssbm thread starter macrumors regular

yes but if I could I'd like to avoid that because then I will miss the past month of texts too!

the texts from 3 years ago show up in spotlight but when i click them it just brings me to my text message inbox :\

Many people online seem to have this problem yet apple does nothing to fix it?!

5. macinhand macrumors regular

macinhand

Yes the same has happened to me iPhone 4S running iOS 5 about a week ago, not all my text message conversations disappeared though, it just happened to a few! at first i thought i must have deleted them by mistake but like i said it was 4 conversations that disappeared :confused:

Even after restoring from a back-up the 4 conversations are missing :confused:

Only thing i can think of was a glitch when the phone backed up with the new wireless feature?

6. davidnssbm thread starter macrumors regular

where is steve jobs when you need him :(

I'm beginning to think my iphone going BLACK was not the problem (it's been doing that lately) but I coincidentally installed ios5 that same day!