phone wont restore

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by craig2425, Feb 21, 2012.

1. craig2425 macrumors newbie

i have a iphone 4 that i jailbroke thru jailbreakme(ver 4.0) when it first came out. ive never updated at all. lately my phone has been acting weird shutting down apps non stop. i uninstalled fb app today and reinstalled but it froze so i did a hard reset on my phone and now the phone wont get past the apple logo.
    i put my phone into recovery mode and tried to restore but it says it cant restore.
    now im stuck with a phone that wont load past the apple logo.
    any help would be great

----------

i should also stat that i dont have any backup of my phone. i dont care about loosing my songs and videos but i do care about my pics and contacts.

2. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

3. craig2425 thread starter macrumors newbie

hard reset- holding down the sleep button and home button together.
    ive tried some of the steps in the sticky thread but my phone wont let me just turn it off or go to a black screen. if i hold the sleep button nothing happens and if i hold both together it just restarts itself. i can get it into recovery mode but the error pops up saying it cant restore.

4. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Have you hooked it up to your iTunes and tried to put it into dfu mode ?

5. craig2425 thread starter macrumors newbie

i cant get it into dfu mode, it wont turn off at all. it will only let me restart it. when i try to put it into dfu mode the screen wont stay black it just pops right back up with the apple logo but i can hold down the home button and get it into recovery mode where it tells me to plug into itunes.
    once i start the recovery mode it tells me theres an error and cant complete the recovery process and im back to the apple logo.

6. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Omg what a nightmare.

I hope a member comes along soon to resolve this for you.

Good luck.

7. craig2425 thread starter macrumors newbie

ive left my phone plugged into itunes and i just noticed that the apple screen will shut down and then pop back up on its on but itunes cant recognize my phone at all.

8. The Tos macrumors 6502a

I had a problem like this with my 4. After awhile of playing with it, it went into DFU mode. Keep trying, try holding the buttons longer and any combination of time to get it in.

9. craig2425 thread starter macrumors newbie

ive been doing this and i keep hearing the beeps it makes when itunes realizes theres something there. now i dont have anything but a black screen on the phone.

10. The Tos macrumors 6502a

Well if you dont have anything but a black screen, you may be able to get it into DFU mode or it may already be there.

11. craig2425 thread starter macrumors newbie

i think you might be right. what do i do if i am in dfu to fix this?

12. craig2425 thread starter macrumors newbie

dont know what happend but i kept pluging it into itunes and all of a sudden it recognized my phone and its working again.

now that ive fixed that can someone tell me how i upgrade my jailbreak to the current version without erasing anything please.

13. SKTHEPREZ macrumors member

I would think this may be a computer issue..... All iPhones can enter DFU mode...