phone wont ring

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stock28, Sep 18, 2016.

1. stock28 macrumors member

Had an iPhone 6. I have a Plantronics Bluetooth earpiece that is usually connected. Unless the phone was on mute it would ring and give notifications through the phone as well as the earpiece. IPhone 7 now with the same setup. Now if the Bluetooth is connected the phone will not ring and no notification sounds through the phone, only through the Bluetooth. Is there a setting I'm missing to allow the phone to ring while connected to Bluetooth? Thanks.

2. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

It's a Bluetooth audio device, so the audio is going through the Bluetooth. Isn't that what it's supposed to do?

Generally, when my phone rings or is connected to my car, there's an audio out option in iOS's control center. This gives me the choice of car or iPhone. Perhaps test this out?

3. stock28 thread starter macrumors member

On my old 6 it would ring through both, not just the Bluetooth. Unless I keep the Bluetooth in my ear all the time, which I don't, I have no idea the phone is ringing unless I have it in my pocket where I can feel the vibration. Not sure what the difference is with the 7 that silences the phone now.

4. rainafterthesun macrumors 6502

rainafterthesun

Do you have it on the do not disturb? Sometimes people will accidentally click it in the home control center - its the moon icon.

5. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

You old 6 was doing it wrong as my ringer is always silent when connected via BT to a headset.

6. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

This sounds like an iOS 9/10 change and not a hardware change, no?

7. stock28 thread starter macrumors member

No, I checked that already. Rings through as soon as I turn of the earpiece.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 18, 2016 ---
    Could be. I had several earpieces through my times with the 6 and each one still allowed the phone to ring when connected. I could answer the call through the earpiece or the phone and the call would be through the earpiece.

8. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Again, do some test calls and experiment with audio output in control center.

9. stock28 thread starter macrumors member

Where are the controls located? Cant seem to find those options. Thanks

10. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

11. stock28 thread starter macrumors member

I know how to open that but there are not audio controls there that would have any effect on the sounds. thought you may have been talking about setting somewhere else.

12. omgitscro macrumors 6502a

omgitscro

Swipe up to bring up the first Control Center card, then swipe over to the next card, which is for audio devices. You can then select which audio device you're outputting sound through.

13. stock28 thread starter macrumors member

Yep, problem solved. Found it under the music control tab on control center. Thanks guys.