Phone wont start after removing the screen!!!!! plz help!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by hypeber, Mar 13, 2010.

1. hypeber macrumors newbie

Hi everyone I am new to this forum and looking for some help. Recently I tried to get a replacement for my iphone 3GS since the case has those thin hairline cracks and my screen has a problem also. However I am unable to get a replacement because they said my phone got water damage. Even though there is water damage, it has nothing to do with the screen because it was like that after a few months of usage. My iphone 3GS got water because i dropped it on the snow last week. Since I cant get a replacement, I tried to swap the screen of my old iphone 3G with my 3GS. After opening them up, I noticed that they are not the same!!!! I tried to put my phone back together but I just have a hard time dealing with the#3 cable. I tried my best and still cant get it all the way in. Anyway, I started the phone back on and everything works fine except I had to to talk through speakerphone since that #3 cable is suppose to be the speaker for the ear. Because of this, I was going to bring it back to apple store and pay the 200 for a replacement. Then I encounter another problem yesterday that my phone is stuck on the apple screen after the battery went out! Is there a way to fix this?

I tried to do Reset while holding the Home button and DFU mode and still wont work!!! someone plz help me!

2. Gadgetgeezer macrumors regular

It can all be fixed as long at connector 3 is not damaged. You need to give it to somebody who has the knowledge - I have seen Apple logo stuck on a few times and had to resort to taking out the circuit board to completely 'reboot' the phone. Most problems are fixable if you have the experience.

3. hypeber thread starter macrumors newbie

I kinda chip the top part of the connector on the board. Will it be ok still? Btw, do u know is it 200 bucks to replace the iphone at the store. will apple find out that i opened it?

4. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

That's probably why it's not working.

I don't think Apple would have a problem with charging you $200 since it would be an out of warranty replacement.

5. Gadgetgeezer macrumors regular

If you have chipped the connector, I agree that will be your trouble. Apple might see that if they are clever. Cross fingers and hope that they don't.

6. hypeber thread starter macrumors newbie

so it it possible for them to notice the problem with the connector when connect to the macs? they can only find out if they open it right?

I am hoping they wont care since I am willing to pay the 200 for it.

Let's say they found out i opened it and found out i messed up the connector. How should i fix it? I saw a post that a website sell those connector on the board for 9 bucks each. How hard to replace it by myself? or do u know how much it should cost if i bring it to a repair shop?

Thx for your help.

7. hypeber thread starter macrumors newbie

I just got back from the apple store and they replaced it for me for free. I told the guy that I want to pay the 200 for a replacement and he said ok. After that, he took my phone and went to the back and had it check out. I was so scared that he that I took it apart and messed it up. Fortunately, he came out and told me their policy had changed. Even if the "thing" turns red, they need to check the internal sensor inside the phone(he said there are 4 sensors). If those 2 sensors are not damage, you can still get a new replacement for free!

8. Gadgetgeezer macrumors regular

9. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Seems like the problem is the result of WATER DAMAGE

10. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

I would just like to say that this thread has the greatest thread title of all time. :rolleyes:

11. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

Nice..

And this is the new policy that I've heard of as well.