Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Moshe1010

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
Hey everybody,

Somebody here maybe knows if they are going to have something soon? I had their screen protector with my 3GS for a year and was very satisfied, also they have very good reviews on amazon (UK and US).

travel4fun

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2010
Hi Moshe1010,

I wrote to PhoneDevil to hear if they are planning to do a screen protector for the Iphone 4. Here's the answer:

--------

Hi XXXX,

I hope you are well. I am the founder of PhoneDevil.

We are launching our Crystal Clear edition sometime around the 10th July.
Our Privacy edition will surely be released, for about the end of July I expect. We need to test it on the iPhone 4 first.

Will you be purchasing a white iPhone 4, and (if so), would you be bothered that the privacy material will of course hide the white front of the phone? We are not sure how customers will react :)

In terms of the back of the phone: we do intend to sell protectors for it, but not until August I expect. We think a new material will be required.

Best Regards

Callum

Moshe1010

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
So which one should I use until they will come out with their Matte Clear edition? I want something like PhoneDevil's protectors, clean and easy (no ZAGG stuff)

travel4fun

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2010
Well... I don't know. There are a lot of protectors out there.

As I have read there are basically two types of protectors. Wet and dry. The wet one need a spray to hold on to the phone while dry is some kind of a sticker.

I would go for the dry ones as I dont like to spray fluids on my iphone.

I like the PhoneDevil but the Steinheil is also great. Its dry and has both protector for the front and the back.

http://www.sgpstore.com/product_info.php/cPath/21_28_89/products_id/1461

As I first get my iphone in July or even August I can wait until PhoneDevil og Steinheil has there in stock.

Until then I dont know witch one you should by. Try searching screen+protector+dry at google.

Moshe1010

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
this what they sent me, before I opened this thread.

Hi XXX,

I hope you are well, and thanks for your interest in our products. I am the founder of PhoneDevil.
My apologies for the delayed reply. We are receiving an incredible amount of emails about the iPhone 4.

Our iPhone 4 Crystal Clear edition protector has a pre-order message on our website, and is shipping from 24 July.
There is an outside chance we may beat that date, but we want to manage your expectations.
http://phonedevil.com/index.php/magic-screen-clear-edition.html

With regard to our Matte Clear, Mirror and Privacy editions:
- We are currently testing the iPhone 4 screen with various protector material composites. Once these tests are complete we shall be in a position to announce launch dates.
- I expect we will not be able to announce our Mirror and Privacy edition launch dates until the White iPhone 4 is released by Apple in the 2nd half of July.

As soon as we can provide launch dates for these three remaining editions, they will be published on our twitter account (http://www.twitter.com/phonedevil)

Thank you for your patience

Best Regards

Callum
PhoneDevil

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.