Phones and Ice Cream

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Wicked1, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Ok, now that I have your interest I was trying to find the right analogy to compare Service Providers and Phones, so I figure Ice Cream could do it.

Although the concept of Ice Cream is the same all over, you:

Use the same or similar ingredients, mix or cool it the same way

Providers offer similar services and offerings but vary a little because they are different.

You all have different Ice Cream companies in your are, some have Dairy Queen, Basking Robbins, Friendly's, Cold Stone, Carvel etc.

Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint are all in our area, some have better or worse phones, like ice cream some have different flavors, but it is all similar in one way or another.

I goto Verizon, although they have a lot of flavors they seem boring to me, and there taste/service is ok, but I like the ability to talk and browse the net at the same time, well that is a flavor they do not offer so I go over to AT&T.

AT&T gives you a smaller portion of ice cream, but there taste is better more flavors that are appealing.

So on and so on, hopefully you are all with me and someone will reply to this thread with positive news and not hate bashing.

We are all here to help support one another but it seems like we get into the same BS the Auto industry got into which was bashing, who cares, they each make cars and trucks we each have purchased one or another problem or not.

Why does everyone here feel the need to bash, like all the Miss America contestants, we need World Peace :D

Well hopefully some positive words and criticism will come from my Ice Cream to Cell Phone Carrier comparison.

2. GFSarah macrumors regular

GFSarah

Wow.

That's my word. By itself it is pretty ambiguous, so you are free to interpret it as an exclamation about your incredibly insightful viewpoint, or as an expression of amazement that a thread was created just for this. It's your choice. ;)

I have to say though, that it did make me smile. I love ice cream.

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Anyone have a pic of someone smashing an ice cream cone in their face? It could be the new face palm.

[​IMG]

4. vinay427 macrumors 6502a

vinay427

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

well

I guess you like ice cream as much as your cell phone.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

I'll have a little bit of whatever ice cream he's having. ;)

7. JASApplications macrumors 65816

Made me Lol!

8. Ommid macrumors 6502

That looks coooool!!

9. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

I'm glad you are happy, but what color is the sky in your world? Lest you think ice cream is immune to the vagaries of human faults, I direct you here: Glasgow Ice Cream Wars

Humans oft define themselve not by who they are, but who they are not. But thank you for making me hungry. Mmmmmmm...ice cream.