Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seanwebb68

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 27, 2010
When on UK National Lottery Website (http://www.national-lottery.co.uk/player/p/home.ftl) on my jailbroken iphone 4 using 3g it tells me that i'm not in the uk when i am.

I'm sorry if this question has been asked before but i'm unable to search the forums due to being at work and i checked google very quickly and couldn't see anything that would explain why this would happen.

I understand this must be due to the way my 3g connection gets routed to the website but not sure why, could it be something to do with My 3g app? or just rubbish o2?

wrkactjob

macrumors 65816
Feb 29, 2008
London
I get this also both on ip4 (not JB) and my iPad. Am on O2 here in the UK. Why it thinks I am outside the UK I have no idea.

evilbastard

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2010
Making a wild guess, but I am thinking it would be the Carrier you are using to access the website, it might have a gateway that is outside the country, so the website sees you coming in from the outside, even when you are in the country to begin with.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.