Phones with longer battery life than iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SomeDudeAsking, Nov 25, 2010.

1. SomeDudeAsking macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8C148)

I'm curious as to which smartphones out there have a longer battery life than the iPhone 4's time of 10 hours doing wifi browsing.

One phone that comes to mind is the Motorola Droid X but I don't know enough about it or have a direct comparison.

2. matt78 macrumors member

3. Tarzanman macrumors 65816

Lol at you iphone guys.

Many of the older blackberries have better battery life than the iPhone by virtue of their smaller processors and smaller non touch-screens.

4. PhazonUK macrumors 6502

Well obviously a phone with no touch screen, a smaller screen, and a slower processor is going to last longer.

He's talking about phones similar to the iPhone. You know, Galaxy S, Droid, WP7.

5. Wafflausages macrumors 6502

I switched to the iPhone 4 and the battery is horrible compared to blackberries :mad:

6. ItsJustafnPhone macrumors 6502a

you should rephrase your question

what touchscreen smartphone has better battery life

there are tons of smartphones can out battery the iphone

7. bender o macrumors 6502

bender o

I rather have an iPhone 4 with less battery life than a crapberry that I can use just so call and send e-mails and sms. It's like saying well a pc is much cheaper than a mac, well obviously but there's no comparison :)

8. SomeDudeAsking thread starter macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8C148)

Ok, which multi-touch smartphone with a color screen has a better battery life for wifi web browsing than the iPhone 4 rated at 10 hours? Screen size must be between 3-4.5 inches and must not weigh more than 250 grams.

9. SomeDudeAsking thread starter macrumors 65816

How long does a blackberry last for wifi web browsing?

10. Stein357 macrumors 6502

In defense of the iPhone, the 9800 Torch, which has a real web browser, the battery doesn't last that long.

11. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 46 years ago
    Of course, other phones can swap batteries, so their usage is basically infinite as long as you keep charging the alternate battery.

Or you can insert an extended battery and last for many days.

Basically, you get to decide how long your phone can last.

Personally, I _always_ get an extended internal battery for every smartphone that allows it. That usually instantly gives me up to 1/3 more usage time without making the phone any thicker.

12. rk1991 macrumors regular

The pc/mac idea is not relevant at all and cannot be used to justify anything. A Windows PC is good in its own right. Everything has its pros and cons and everyone has specific requirements. I switched to the iPhone 4 and now i want to go back to blackberry. I still prefer a physical keyboard to the touchscreen and the iPhone seems like a toy to me.

Back to the topic though. the iPhone has an excellent battery life. I dont think there really is another equivalent smart phone with a similar battery life. (I used to own the bold 9000 and the iPhone battery much better)

13. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

LOL at non-iphone guys that come into a iPhone forum where people discuss the iphone, so they can talk about something thats not an iphone. :cool:

14. emptyCup macrumors 65816

emptyCup

Well if you want to carry other stuff around you could get an iPhone battery extender. There are several on Amazon. Or the Morphie Juice Pack.

15. SL4VE macrumors 6502

i had a HTC Desire which literally had half the batt life of an iPhone 4 so im well happy :apple:

16. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

lol blackberry. you might have battery life but nothing to use it on ;)

17. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

BlackBerry Torch has better battery life, but that's pretty much the only advantage over the iPhone 4 :)

18. mtnDewFTW macrumors 6502a

I don't think there is a phone with as many features/functions as the iPhone that has a better battery life. However, there are other phones, that do much less, but stay alive for longer. But as far as high-end touch screen phones go, I believe that iPhone is the best out there. There maybe few that come close the battery life you get out of an iPhone, but I don't think you can get more. But then again, it also depends on how you use the phone itself.

19. coochiekuta macrumors 6502

blackberries are decent, or should i say blackberrys?

either way they handle the net just fine. no they dont have 1000s of apps however to some people a phone is not a toy so they dont have the use for that. you can play music and watch video on them just as any smartphone. i havent used one in 2 years now but i have had only pleasant experience with them. had the bold been available when i was changing phones i would still be on a blackberry.

20. CZK, Nov 25, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2011

CZK macrumors 6502a

You should try this phone, it has a 10x better battery than the iphone 4. Then it is a 10x better phone !!11111111111

[​IMG]
    ________
    Tc By Maserati

21. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

BBs are outdated technology. The only thing keeping them on the market is corporate use due to security and use by teens for BBM.

What music will you listen to with 2gb of memory on a stock bb? My ipod mini holds more music. And I doubt videos are that exciting on a such a small screen with the low resolution

22. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

I believe the closest is indeed the Droid X... based on what I've heard.

+1. Goodbye, RIM! :D

23. Neverbepeace macrumors 6502a

Neverbepeace

[​IMG]

This phone is a monster on battery life. This phone can easily compare to the iphone because:

A) You can browse the internet
    B) You can watch YouTube videos
    C) You can download apps for the phone
    D) Take pictures with 5MP cam
    E) Record video. Although not in HD....it still gets the job done.

Now, i agree it depends on your usage. However, I'm assuming he wants to know the battery life of a power user.

If you put the iPhone 4 through abuse......it will last a good amount of time. However, If you abuse the blackberry 9700/9780 you would have enough juice for the next day. Blackberry has the best battery life hands down in the smartphone world.

Because of the versatility of the iPhone.......it is still crowned "King" as it can last you a full working day. I love my iPhone 4 but I still like/love the Blackberry 9700/9780:D

24. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

too bad I bought one of those right before coming back to the iPhone 4 and it was a piece of crap. it feels cheap and the web browser is crap, screen is lackluster, OS6 sucks on a non-touchscreen, and the video camera is just not good.

25. mad-dog-one macrumors 6502

I suppose that, if I'm ever shipwrecked on a desert island having no electricity and cell phone antennas it will be important to have a cell phone with a battery that lasts for weeks. Otherwise, having a cell phone with a battery that lasts all day is good enough for me. ;)