phonesaber

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by brisweeney, Jul 21, 2008.

1. brisweeney macrumors regular

brisweeney

is actually the best app made!!!!!!!

ive used it more than any other game/app ive downloaded!

2. TimothyB macrumors 6502a

Hey, how come the screens in the iTunes App store show there's an extra option above the colors, a little icon of an iPhone with a picture of just the color. Then a second still showing a fully screen version of the saber? I deleted and re downloaded it last night, still wasn't there.

Are they screens to an update they haven't released yet?

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=283265667&mt=8

3. iVoid macrumors 65816

Interesting. Maybe a new version coming soon.

It's a fun little app. One thing that would make it super cool is to have a way to detect other iPhones running the Phoen Saber app and have the sound effects and beam flashes interact with the other phone. So when it's close to another, it would flash and have the saber on saber sound. :)

Of course, then we might have the Wii affect with iPhones being flung around by accident during saber battles. :eek:

4. Dipdip macrumors member

5. alexp2ad macrumors member

They are indeed screens for an update that's not out yet, adding full screen saber. Apple just added the screenshots before the actual app...

Keep your eyes trained on the updates section of the App Store, it's been in review for over a week now, so it can't be too long...

6. Rojo macrumors 65816

Rojo

It's cute for the sounds, but I ultimately deleted it for one simple reason: The different choices for color sabers are shown on the side of the saber itself, rather than on the (more logical, in my opinion) flip side, that has the info for the app. And really - they couldn't give the tiniest bit of basic animation for it?

I know it's free, and just a silly, fun app -- but the simplest little changes (that really aren't hard to do) would have made this PERFECT, and even something I'd pay a buck or two for.

7. TimothyB macrumors 6502a

Downloading the update now.

If you don't like the icons for the colors, there should be a new option to make the entire screen a portion of the saber now for a cleaner looks as you swing. I wonder if it flashes.

8. macduke Suspended

macduke

I have the update installed, it just has a full screen. No flashing. Sad day. The colors are also not added on the information panel...they are still on the side. The full screen icon is at the top and has a picture of the iPhone with the full screen color you chose.

9. TimothyB macrumors 6502a

10. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

where is the "updates section of the App Store?"

11. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

There isn't one just click Sort by Release Date. New App Updates count as a new App release.

12. TimothyB macrumors 6502a

Why not just open the app store on the iphone, the bottom right button is to search for updates, and one tap can install them all at once, no need to find each one in iTunes and manually do it.

13. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

Doesn't always work I've had updates for apps that I had to find myself. iTunes didn't tell me even when I clicked the Check for updates button.