phonetrait - a beautiful smart dialer for your iPhone

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by pre, Feb 12, 2012.

1. pre macrumors newbie

Hello,

I am the developer of phonetrait and want to introduce my app.
    Phonetrait is a beautiful smart dialer for your iPhone.

The main purpose of the app is to make it unnecessary to search your address book or to manually manage the favorite list in the phone app.
    To achieve this goal phonetrait shows you the address book pictures of twelve contacts directly after the launch in a dynamic and smart order.
    The ordering is based on how often and how recently you have contacted a person.
    So the contacts, which you are going to contact with a higher probability are shown first.

If the contact is currently not in the list, you are of course able to search the address book from within phonetrait.

With a single tap on a contact's picture a contact view is shown, which gives you the possibility to call the person with just one more tap.
    You can also initiate a FaceTime call, send a text message (iMessage on iOS 5, if supported by contact) or an email.

More information online on the website or on the App Store

Any kind of feedback is highly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. pre thread starter macrumors newbie

A small update is available bringing some UI improvements and support for Hungarian in addition to English, German and Japanese

3. kicko macrumors 65816

is this an extention of the address book? I suppose if your using something like google sync, changes in app this would not reflect during sync?

4. pre thread starter macrumors newbie

phonetrait is using the iOS address book database. All changes made in the address book are shown in phonetrait on the next launch.

So if you add a contact and sync it to your device with Google Sync, the contact will also be available in phonetrait.

5. kicko macrumors 65816

yes but i was talking about the other way around, using phonetrait instead of default with sync.

6. pre thread starter macrumors newbie

phonetrait is there to create a faster way to contact your contacts.
    You can't create a new contact nor edit contact details within phonetrait.

7. kicko macrumors 65816

thanks, i just wanted to make sure i understood what the limitations Apple allows on such an type of app.

I might give your app a try

8. pre thread starter macrumors newbie

Phonetrait 2.0 is out

I just want to announce that Phonetrait 2.0 is available now.

Phonetrait 2.0 provides a quick, easy, and fun way to contact people from your address book. By sorting the contacts on the starting screen by how often and how recently you contacted them, guarantees the quickest access to the people most important and relevant for you. Of course you can also add some Favorites, which will always be visible. Phonetrait 2.0 allows you to contact someone using either a phone call, text message, FaceTime, Twitter or email.

The new features in phonetrait 2.0:
    - Completely redesigned user interface
    - Favorites: you can now manually add contacts to the main screen, which will stay always on top
    - Contact people via Twitter
    - Support for linked contacts (e.g. iOS 6 Facebook integration)
    - Keypad, to call numbers, which aren't in your address book
    - View additional information for a contact (picture, notes, addresses, websites)
    - Load Twitter/Facebook profile picture if contact has no picture but a Twitter/Facebook account
    - Improved default pictures, when a contact has no image (try including 'voicemail', 'restaurant', 'home', ... in a contacts name, company, job title or department)
    - French, Portuguese and Turkish localization
    Features already present in phonetrait 1.2.3:
    - Contact people via phone call, FaceTime, text message (iMessage or SMS)
    - Dynamic order
    - English, German, Japanese and Hungarian localization

App Website

App Store Link

AppAdvice.com

9. pre thread starter macrumors newbie