Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CrAkD

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 15, 2010
Boston, MA
**I meant to post this in iphone accessories if a mod could move it that would be great**

I ordered a couple of these on amazon so I have something to put on it until the new mophies come out. Only $10

qa3emura.jpg
a2a5aqyv.jpg
u5e8ateg.jpg
hy4a5u8e.jpg
ugy3e7er.jpg

Not a bad deal if your looking for an apple bumper.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0092TQHP2/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00

Icculus

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2007
Frisco, TX
Funny I just ordered this on Amazon a few hours ago, and just got on the forums to see better pictures of the case. It looks good, and for $10 it will at least be a good temp case if nothing else.

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
Is there one for the white one? I dont like having a black bumper on a white iphone. I am getting the white iphone 5. For example maybe one that is black with white stripes etc? Or all white bumper that anyone knows about that they can link?

CrAkD

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 15, 2010
Boston, MA
Is there one for the white one? I dont like having a black bumper on a white iphone. I am getting the white iphone 5. For example maybe one that is black with white stripes etc? Or all white bumper that anyone knows about that they can link?

I actually wish I ordered the white iphone because the white iphone with this black bumper looks awesome to me. I didn't search to see if they offered any other colors.

Uabcar

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2009
I just got mine in the mail today as well. Not sure about now- but when I orders, there we just a few colors available - and white was not one of them.

In terms of quality, I'd say they are definitely lower quality than the Apple's i4 version. The buttons are rubber vs metal for example. The rubber outer layer is less 'rubbery' - more of a plasticity feel.

But- for $10, it will serve exactly the purpose I intended for it - which is some protection until the big players get their higher quality products out.

Now we'll just have to see how well it fits when the phone arrives.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
I just got mine in the mail today as well. Not sure about now- but when I orders, there we just a few colors available - and white was not one of them.

In terms of quality, I'd say they are definitely lower quality than the Apple's i4 version. The buttons are rubber vs metal for example. The rubber outer layer is less 'rubbery' - more of a plasticity feel.

But- for $10, it will serve exactly the purpose I intended for it - which is some protection until the big players get their higher quality products out.

Now we'll just have to see how well it fits when the phone arrives.

I want to do the same and get a bumper as a holdover but I already know next week once the iPhone officially releases well see a lot of specials with company's offering up different cases within the 20-30 dollar range. I might as well hold off a bit longer and put this money toward one of those.

They look nice and tempting though.

Uabcar

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2009
I want to do the same and get a bumper as a holdover but I already know next week once the iPhone officially releases well see a lot of specials with company's offering up different cases within the 20-30 dollar range. I might as well hold off a bit longer and put this money toward one of those.

They look nice and tempting though.

Makes sense. I got lucky and will be getting my phone on Friday - and know that going naked for even one day - for me - is like flirting disaster given my luck. I figured better to be safe (& spend $10) than sorry.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
Makes sense. I got lucky and will be getting my phone on Friday - and know that going naked for even one day - for me - is like flirting disaster given my luck. I figured better to be safe (& spend $10) than sorry.

yeah good idea, I did get a bestskins body shield for the back so should be ok until I decide on something

Uabcar

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2009
It does!

I got the Photive as well. Not bad for $10, even better at $6.95!

I need to stop buying cases. I don't even have my phone yet. Is this a sickness we all have. ;)

Funny. Most likely came from the exact same Chinese factory. Will be even funnier in a week when they can be had for $.99.

When the 4 came out, I was so afraid to use it w/o a case that, even though I got it on launch day, I didn't activate it for over a week - felt too delicate. Sad, I know.

shodancst

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Received mine today too. NJ to TX in a few days by USPS.

Ordered Thursday from the same link (Amazon/Butterfly Photo), shipped Friday.

I agree it does look just like the Poetic from exact-deal for $6.95. Didn't see it last week when I ordered.

dohspc

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2008
Plano, TX
Thanks for the pics I ordered this the other day. I wish Apple would release an official bumper with the metal buttons but I know they are trying to distance themselves from the iPhone 4 Antenna Gate deal.

crewpride

macrumors member
Aug 3, 2010
Southern California
The photive, poetic, and monoprice bumpers all look exactly the same. I got mine yesterday. Build quality is pretty good. I can see the buttons being somewhat of an issue, since they are semi soft, tiny, and surrounded by a harder plastic, making them harder to press. But the one at monoprice was less than 5 bucks, so can't complain too much. Will work well enough until I decide to go with a full case or not, and maybe some other company will release a slightly higher end bumper in the meantime.

ghsDUDE

macrumors 68030
May 25, 2010
Just got mine and I love it! Just waiting on a screen protector and ill feel safe lol

drb1992

macrumors 6502
Oct 4, 2011
How are the buttons? On my 4S case, the volume and power buttons were kind of stiff. Does this bumper make it any harder to press these buttons? How much harder? How are the cutouts for the speakers, connector, etc?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.