Photive bumper for iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by CrAkD, Sep 17, 2012.

1. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

2. CACTUARU macrumors member

3. ugp macrumors 65816

ugp

Awesome. Thanks for the heads up. Just ordered two of them.

4. CrAkD thread starter macrumors 68040

CrAkD

ot looks just as good as apples except for the volume buttons are plastic not metal.

5. Icculus macrumors 6502

Funny I just ordered this on Amazon a few hours ago, and just got on the forums to see better pictures of the case. It looks good, and for $10 it will at least be a good temp case if nothing else.

6. lsutigerfan1976 macrumors 68000

Is there one for the white one? I dont like having a black bumper on a white iphone. I am getting the white iphone 5. For example maybe one that is black with white stripes etc? Or all white bumper that anyone knows about that they can link?

7. CrAkD thread starter macrumors 68040

CrAkD

I actually wish I ordered the white iphone because the white iphone with this black bumper looks awesome to me. I didn't search to see if they offered any other colors.

8. Uabcar macrumors 6502

I just got mine in the mail today as well. Not sure about now- but when I orders, there we just a few colors available - and white was not one of them.

In terms of quality, I'd say they are definitely lower quality than the Apple's i4 version. The buttons are rubber vs metal for example. The rubber outer layer is less 'rubbery' - more of a plasticity feel.

But- for $10, it will serve exactly the purpose I intended for it - which is some protection until the big players get their higher quality products out.

Now we'll just have to see how well it fits when the phone arrives.

9. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Ordered this to use while I wait for Element Case to make an iPhone 5 Vapor Comp.

10. bobright macrumors 601

I want to do the same and get a bumper as a holdover but I already know next week once the iPhone officially releases well see a lot of specials with company's offering up different cases within the 20-30 dollar range. I might as well hold off a bit longer and put this money toward one of those.

They look nice and tempting though.

11. Uabcar macrumors 6502

Makes sense. I got lucky and will be getting my phone on Friday - and know that going naked for even one day - for me - is like flirting disaster given my luck. I figured better to be safe (& spend $10) than sorry.

12. CH34P3T macrumors regular

13. bobright macrumors 601

yeah good idea, I did get a bestskins body shield for the back so should be ok until I decide on something

14. pocketdoc macrumors 6502a

15. Uabcar macrumors 6502

Funny. Most likely came from the exact same Chinese factory. Will be even funnier in a week when they can be had for $.99.

When the 4 came out, I was so afraid to use it w/o a case that, even though I got it on launch day, I didn't activate it for over a week - felt too delicate. Sad, I know.

16. shodancst macrumors newbie

Received mine today too. NJ to TX in a few days by USPS.

Ordered Thursday from the same link (Amazon/Butterfly Photo), shipped Friday.

I agree it does look just like the Poetic from exact-deal for $6.95. Didn't see it last week when I ordered.

17. CH34P3T macrumors regular

You are not alone. :D

18. dohspc macrumors regular

dohspc

Thanks for the pics I ordered this the other day. I wish Apple would release an official bumper with the metal buttons but I know they are trying to distance themselves from the iPhone 4 Antenna Gate deal.

19. crewpride macrumors member

The photive, poetic, and monoprice bumpers all look exactly the same. I got mine yesterday. Build quality is pretty good. I can see the buttons being somewhat of an issue, since they are semi soft, tiny, and surrounded by a harder plastic, making them harder to press. But the one at monoprice was less than 5 bucks, so can't complain too much. Will work well enough until I decide to go with a full case or not, and maybe some other company will release a slightly higher end bumper in the meantime.

20. Thrilledge macrumors regular

Any pics of the phone in this case? I'm still waiting on it to come.

21. ghsNick macrumors 68020

ghsNick

Just got mine and I love it! Just waiting on a screen protector and ill feel safe lol

22. drb1992 macrumors 6502

drb1992

How are the buttons? On my 4S case, the volume and power buttons were kind of stiff. Does this bumper make it any harder to press these buttons? How much harder? How are the cutouts for the speakers, connector, etc?

23. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44