photo album quesetion.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Esmcsoy, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Esmcsoy macrumors newbie

i've synced a few random albums onto my iphone and everything is fine, except for one thing. pictures from all albums are also shown in the "photo album". is there any way you can make it so they're only shown in their album? or at least so that only a blank picture is shown in photo album, while picture itself is only shown in its album? i ama sking this because i like my pictures in order and this photo album is wrecking my conscious, because all the pictures from all the albums are just standing there....

thanks in advance

2. cliffboley macrumors member

cliffboley

I've noticed the same thing. I looks like iphone only allows one "roll"
    but many albums and everything stays in that one roll unless you manually
    delete each one.
    The only way I've found to manage the roll is with an app called 'Roll Swap'
    You touch an empty roll and that one becomes your phone's primary roll.
    The app allows you to create may different roll the only problem is the iphone
    only shows one roll so it you want to look at older roll you have to go to the
    app and swap it back. Its a mild annoyance but it does work.

3. Esmcsoy thread starter macrumors newbie

that trully is a bit annoying, but better than nothing. aren't there any apps that would at least allow you to hide the "photo album"? or at least lock it. :( people always open my photo album first and then wonder why i don't keep my pictures in order. pretty lame.

4. cliffboley macrumors member

cliffboley

Apple is kind of funny, some of their stuff is brilliant others are just clunky,
    like the photo app. Why they didn't give the app the ability to create folders
    and move photos around I don't know. The way you have to download
    your photos to a PC/MAC app to create folders and move photos around then
    sync them back to the iphone is just plane lame.

5. Resist macrumors 68030

This issue is more than a bit annoying, it's stupid! Why do we even have to do a sync to delete pics anyway, when we don't for video content. Come on Apple...WTF?