Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WhatsUrRealName

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2014
When I click the photos app, how come it shows "recently added" albums? How come I gotta click photos (still in the photos app) to see my older pictures?

jread

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2012
Austin, TX
When I click the photos app, how come it shows "recently added" albums? How come I gotta click photos (still in the photos app) to see my older pictures?

I don't know. I hate the new setup. Everything is divided by year for me, and then location. I just want ONE album with ALL my photos.

GRANTCKING

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2013
ive just noticed this aswell OP, not sure what the hell is going on, tried to send a photo in whatsapp and it would only let me send a few photos from the "recently added" album, wtf, I want access to all my photos

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008

Because it makes sense.

The Photos tab shows you all your photos, naturally.

The "recently added" is an album and therefore in the albums section of your Photos app.

Photos you've shared go in the "Shared" section.

Pretty elementary.

GRANTCKING

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2013
Because it makes sense.

The Photos tab shows you all your photos, naturally.

The "recently added" is an album and therefore in the albums section of your Photos app.

Photos you've shared go in the "Shared" section.

Pretty elementary.

can you tell me how to get access to all my photos when using whatsapp, can only use "recently added"

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
can you tell me how to get access to all my photos when using whatsapp, can only use "recently added"

The Whatsapp app has been noted to be broken in more than a few ways. Wait for Facebook to push an update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.