Photo albums question

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by creativedogmedia, Dec 9, 2012.

1. creativedogmedia macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

If you create a photo album on iOS6 (iPhone 5) I noticed that it is really just a copy from the main folder and doesnt sync to photostream. Does anyone use the album feature? If you can't move them but only copy what is the point?

2. creativedogmedia thread starter macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

3. Damolee macrumors 6502

I think the albums are more of a catalogue thing than actually moving them. Like a faster way to get to certain pics that are part of your camera roll.

4. creativedogmedia thread starter macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

I get that but it doesnt really make a lot of sense...I have close to 650 pictures on my camera roll....I went through last night and created 6 albums...went to my camera roll to select pictures for the albums and quite a few times had no way of knowing which pics had already been moved where....just seems like moving them would not create any additional storage issues and would solve the whole point for having an album to begin with.

5. MozMan68 macrumors 68000

MozMan68

You could always save the pics to your computer, separate and save into folders, synch folders back to device via iTunes. And somewhere in that process (after they're saved to your computer) delete them off the device.

6. beegie macrumors regular

It sounds like from this other thread at Apple Support Forums that itunes-to-iphone pics then cannot be deleted from iphone:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4316783?start=15&tstart=0

I'm trying to understand all this in advance of giving Apple another chunk-o-change for an iph5.