Photo App - Add location.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by marcel500, Mar 3, 2015.

1. marcel500 macrumors regular

Any idea how I can add the location (manually) to photos in the new photo app (beta) ? Remember there was a time before our phones added geolocation data automatically to our pictures :)

THANKS

2. KALLT macrumors 601

Doesn’t seem to be possible anymore. You can’t remove location data manually either. I think you can only add/edit/remove: title, description, keywords and faces and adjust the date.

3. mjdindc macrumors newbie

Also lost some location data

Any manually entered location data was lost in the transition to Photo. All that had been entered by my pocket camera (which has GPS) was also lost.

4. ButteryScrollin macrumors 6502a

You can't, which is the number one missing feature for me. Not sure why they would remove it.

5. marcel500 thread starter macrumors regular

Thats super stupid - why would they not add this feature.

6. afsnyder macrumors 65816

iPhoto has had years of development. Photos is super new. So it's just not up there with features. Also, Apple wants it as simple as possible so perhaps they will never add it, who knows.

7. ButteryScrollin macrumors 6502a

Adding/moving a location is a pretty fundamental feature in photo management nowadays. In Photos, there's a get info box with a map and a pin, you just can't move the pin.

8. robgendreau macrumors 68040

Hilarious. Perhaps it's because it would use Apple Maps, which can't find Cupertino :eek:

A rather glaring omission since, as noted, every $5 app has that ability.

And speaking of, if you like Photos for other reasons, then consider HoudahGeo for your geolocating pleasure. I like it cuz it can use OpenStreetMap, which shows more trails than Google or Apple maps, so it's easier for me to manually add locations. It also does a lot of other good stuff, and works well with gps4cam, which is magic.

9. Yoyodyne2 macrumors newbie

Make sure if you are beta testing that you complain loudly and frequently about this using Feedback Assistant. I know I have.

10. ButteryScrollin macrumors 6502a

Looks like this is back in El Cap:

" Now you can add a location to a single image or to an entire Moment."

11. canman4PM macrumors 6502

canman4PM

You must be able to, otherwise what's the good of today's demo: "show me pictures taken at ________ last year."

12. ButteryScrollin macrumors 6502a

although, i can't see a way to edit the location...

13. Laurence Eckert macrumors member

You will be able to do this in OS X 10.11 El Capitan it says so on Apples website.