Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scopes64

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 26, 2013
After many years of arranging my photos in iPhoto into logical events and having them sync (subset) to my iPhone without issues ... I now have a thought.

With IOS 7 the Photo app does its own thing and organises photos into collections etc and seems to completely disregard the events previously setup in iPhoto and set to sync via iTunes.

I appreciate this is early days in the beta program, but the new organisation was a key are of the IOS7 keynote, will we see event syncing coming back or maybe we will see iPhoto change at its next release.

Its too early to guess, but I for one would like the option to toggle Events/Auto collections.

JaySoul

macrumors 68030
Jan 30, 2008
My Photos is an absolutely lawless mess, so I'm hoping this will be much better for me!

Andeavor

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2010
I've organized my photos in folders in the appropriate folder, which the latest photo app hasn't touched so far.

It's much easier organizing and syncing it that way for me as well, iPhoto takes so much space just making duplicates of everything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.