Photo App - Folders in Order?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Piggie, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

Having lived with the iPad's less than full featured Photo App for over a year, I've learned about needing to change the date a photo was taken to get it into the correct order.

But................

How do I change the order of the Folders or as the iPad calls them Albums?

I have some past photos in folders that are named by their dates.

For example I have folders called.

20 June - 16 July 2009

12 August - 03 Dec 2008

01 Jan - 13 May 2011

etc etc etc.

Obviously it would be best if these folders/Albums were in order from left to right on the iPads screen.

Can this be done? As you can see, depending on the date and month, they cannot be sorted alphabetically

Any way to do this, or is the only way to put like A, B, C, D etc at the start of every name?

2. Nishi100 macrumors 6502a

In iOS 5 you can tap and hold on a album and drag it around.

(For iOS 4) I'm not familiar with iPhoto's translation to the iPad. But, if you check on iPhoto and drag and drop them into order; and in the finder - drag and drop the folders into order.

3. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

You can reorder photos in iPhoto and sync the albums back down to the iPad. Not sure if it can be done on a PC. iOS 5 will bring at least some of this functionality to the iPad itself.

4. Piggie thread starter macrumors 604

Piggie

Thanks.

I have a PC actually.

Looking at two iPads with different Albums, it does indeed appear to sort them alphabetically irrespective of the dates, which is a bit annoying as I was trying to put in albums of photo's from the past. So naturally you would want the oldest at the start. Top left of the screen. Moving across and down in date order to the most recent albums.

At the moment, they are all mixed up. As we know. Months and Years don't follow alphabetical format.

At this moment, I'd have to put A: B: C: D: at the start of each album title I guess.

Thanks for the advice.