Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jonbauer

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 28, 2011
Hi All,

I've searched, but I see no one talking about the lack of iPhoto synced photos NOT having Faces and Events.

To me, this is a big deal. Maybe it's just lacking in Beta 1?

- Jon

jonbauer

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 28, 2011
It's gone. Thankfully, those memory hogs are no more.

Hm. How were they memory hogs? I'd think they were just links to your existing photos.

I used those features all the time (well, I used Events all the time). No one else will miss these?

- Jon

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
Hm. How were they memory hogs? I'd think they were just links to your existing photos.

I used those features all the time (well, I used Events all the time). No one else will miss these?

- Jon

I'm sure by the time beta is over, those "features" will get embedded in the tags so that you may use Photos search feature, say, searching for someone by name.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
I'm confused. Are we talking about the photos app in iOS or iPhoto app? I don't recall a faces feature in the stock photo app.

jonbauer

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 28, 2011
The regular built in Photo app in iOS.

If you sync your photos using iPhoto on your Mac, you used to get Faces and Events...

- Jon

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
The regular built in Photo app in iOS.

If you sync your photos using iPhoto on your Mac, you used to get Faces and Events...

- Jon

FWIW the iPhoto app does not work on iOS 8 anymore. I pretty much got a message indicating that the stock photos app has replaced iPhoto.

jonbauer

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 28, 2011
FWIW the iPhoto app does not work on iOS 8 anymore. I pretty much got a message indicating that the stock photos app has replaced iPhoto.

Yes, you are right. I'm not talking about iPhoto on the iPhone. I'm talking about the regular built in "Photos" app...

- Jon

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Yes, you are right. I'm not talking about iPhoto on the iPhone. I'm talking about the regular built in "Photos" app...

- Jon

I got that Jon. I was just saying the iphotos app doesn't work anymore :p

Now I wish Apple would update the photos app on Mac OS 10.10 and give me back the $19.99 I spent on iPhotos. :mad:

richwoodrocket

macrumors 68020
Apr 7, 2014
Buffalo, NY
Photo app - what happened to events and faces?

I've never used those tabs once. I'm thinking most people didn't either and thus they removed it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.