Photo Booth 09 and Audio

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by The Samurai, May 19, 2009.

1. The Samurai macrumors 68000

The Samurai

When I record a movie via Photo Booth (iLife 09) - the video is fine although the audio is not playing?

Yes, my volume is up - i'm able to hear other music files... plus iMovie works fine?

Any suggestions as to how I can fix this?

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Is this when you're recording or when you're playing back a previously recorded .mov? Does it make any difference if you play it back in the Photo Booth application or go to ~/Pictures/Photo Booth? If you delete/move everything inside that user directory and record a new video, do you notice the same audio issue?

Also, Photo Booth wasn't updated with the iLife 09 installation, its been there since OS X 10.4 and carried into 10.5.

3. The Samurai thread starter macrumors 68000

The Samurai

Ahhh ok, thats explains it - I don't have a Photo Booth directory. :D

So it should be ~library/pictures/photo booth

Should there be any more directories within the photo booth folder?

4. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Nope, it'll just save the .jpg and .mov files generated by Photo Booth in that directory, no subfolders.

5. The Samurai thread starter macrumors 68000

The Samurai

Turns out that I do have a Photo Booth folder ~admin/pictures/photo booth

All the pictures etc which i take and videos that i make, get put in that folder. its just the .mov files im having trouble with when i record a video from photo booth.

6. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Oops, my bad, added an extra item to that directory path there. I'll fix that with an edit for anyone else searching up this thread in the future. I was going to suggest that you may wish to examine your ~/Library/QuickTime or /Library/Quicktime folders for non-Apple components but you said that iMovie seems to work ok when you capture video in there...

Back to the original steps, does anything different happen if you remove all the .mov files from that Photo Booth directory and make a new 1.mov recording?