Photo Booth Crashes in iMac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by meggerz, Dec 22, 2008.

1. meggerz macrumors newbie

I own one of those 20inch iMac that I bought back in July. I use it to record a lot of video but I wasn't too found of the built in cam. Instead I bought the Logitech Quick Cam Vision Pro. It worked fine at first but not many of my videos record all the way to finish. They get half way through and the program crashes and the video never saves OR it finishes recording but then crashes and doesn't save OR it records with no sound so I have to always test before I go forward and it NEVER plays back. I always have to drag it to the desktop to then play it. So basically after 10 minutes of prep and I'm lucky if it records and maybe 45 minutes later I have something I can work with but you can usually see my frustration in the video.
    It's been doing this for a few months now. I'm at my wits end with this imac.

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

This is probably a question better asked of Logitech. I don't think your iMac is the issue.

3. meggerz thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried restarting with Quick Cam unplugged and I get the same problems with the built in cam.

4. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Have you tried uninstalling the Logitech drivers?

5. meggerz thread starter macrumors newbie

Drivers? I just plugged it in and it worked the first time.

6. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Okay, then buggered if I know. :eek: It might be worth asking at Logitech anyway, though.

7. meggerz thread starter macrumors newbie