Photo Booth Crashing

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by vivacious, Apr 4, 2009.

1. vivacious macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,

I recently bought my first Mac, a Macbook Pro, and am really loving it. :cool:
    I downloaded some new effects for Photo Booth: More iChat Effects and CatEye.
    However, now Photo Booth seems to be crashing. It shows I have added on a bunch of effects, but when I try to select ANY of the little squares to go to the next page of effects, it crashes.
    On top of that I don't have a Compositions folder anywhere! It's very mysterious.. I'm afraid I may have installed them incorrectly or something.

Could anyone help? Thank you!! :confused:

2. killjoy999 macrumors newbie

I had a similar problem when I upgraded from Tiger to Snow Leopard (and also upgraded to iLife 09). For me, the solution was to run iChat and Photo Booth in 32-bit mode instead of 64-bit mode.

To do this, go to the Applications folder, select the icon for iChat, go to the menu bar and select File->Get Info. (Alternatively use the shortcut ][-I or "right click" the icon). Check the box for "Open in 32 bit mode". Repeat for Photo Booth.

3. glossywhite macrumors 65816

glossywhite

I've just added the new effects today, done the whole checkbox thing, repaired permissions, and it STILL crashes!. Methinks time to downgrade to Leopard for a while, until SL becomes more stable. This is unusable.