photo booth effects/deletion

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by rachelbohn, Oct 13, 2008.

1. rachelbohn macrumors newbie

Alright, great news i deleted my photo booth effects...

Problem: I downloaded some trail uses of Alter Ego. I WANT THEM GONE. I do not have Alter Ego, so i cant simply "uninstall" the effects.

- so i went to Macintosh HD/library/compositions

and deleted everything. so now i only have the stupid Alter Ego effects with the water spot on them.

How can i get my regular effects back? and how can i get rid of the alter ego effects?

help... please. :)

2. ArtOfWarfare macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

I too would like to know how the hell you get rid of Alterego. Hitting the uninstall button seems to do absolutely nothing. The effects are still on my computer and they still bog it down.

I'm pissed off. This company is full of idiots. They make buggy software that can't be uninstalled, slows down your computer, and then try asking for your money.

And about getting your original effects back OP... I'd say your best bet is to reinstall Mac OS X.

Edit: Sorry. The uninstall button may seem to be nothing, but it actually does what it says and uninstalls everything. Seriously though, some kind of indication that it worked (a message of some sort would be great,) would be great. If you still see the effects, close whatever apps are using them.

Still, it's very irritating. DO NOT INSTALL ALTEREGO. BEST WORKING FEATURE OF THE PROGRAM IS THE UNINSTALL OPTION.

3. Hyperfast macrumors member