Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wintermoon7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 30, 2012
I'm sorry to be one of the hundreds of noobs on here asking for help with photo booth, but I have a relatively old macbook (OS X 10.5.8) and deleted my photo booth application a while ago. I don't have the install cds anymore, and would really like to have the app back. Is it possible to put a copy of photo booth (from a new mac, I think it's about a year old) on a flash drive and install it on my computer? Or do I need to go to an apple store or something to that affect?
Thank you so much! I really appreciate all the help I can get :)

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I'm sorry to be one of the hundreds of noobs on here asking for help with photo booth, but I have a relatively old macbook (OS X 10.5.8) and deleted my photo booth application a while ago. I don't have the install cds anymore, and would really like to have the app back. Is it possible to put a copy of photo booth (from a new mac, I think it's about a year old) on a flash drive and install it on my computer? Or do I need to go to an apple store or something to that affect?
Thank you so much! I really appreciate all the help I can get :)
You can order replacement discs for your model by calling Apple (800-767-2775 in the US). It's a good idea to have those discs for many reasons, including if you ever decide to sell your Mac. Once you have them, install Pacifist to extract the app from the install disc.

wintermoon7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 30, 2012
You can order replacement discs for your model by calling Apple (800-767-2775 in the US). It's a good idea to have those discs for many reasons, including if you ever decide to sell your Mac. Once you have them, install Pacifist to extract the app from the install disc.

Are they expensive? I don't want to sound whiny, but I'm in college right now and I try to save every 'spare' dollar for my tuition.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Are they expensive? I don't want to sound whiny, but I'm in college right now and I try to save every 'spare' dollar for my tuition.
They can give you the price when you call. I think they're somewhere around $15-20, but call to make sure.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.