Photo booth issues:

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by spitkicker, Dec 25, 2007.

1. spitkicker macrumors newbie

I opened photobooth and now it is showing that a video camera is not connected icon.

But I have an iMac and the camera is built in.
    It was working fine earlier today. The only thing that I can recall is installing and apple security update and a garage band update.
    I checked ichat.. and my camera is working when i do videochat.

Any ideas on what my issue could be?

2. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Did you try doing a restart yet? Sometimes things get a little weird, that happened to me the other night when using iMovie, I used it for a couple of hours and then all of a sudden it crashed and then upon relaunch it said no camera connected and I have the iMac as well.

Instead of a simple restart I would recommend resetting the PRAM. This will clear out memory that may be acting weird and causing issues. After the chime rings during start up hold down "command+option+P+R" until the chime rings again then let go and allow your Mac to start up.

3. spitkicker thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm going to try that now.. hopefully it works.

I'm sure that my camera is fine tho.. because I am still using it with iChat.
    after doing some research I have found that photo booth might not be trying to access the isight camera or "turn it active" as you will.

Somehow the updates could have messed with the settings...

A question I have for you guy is, how would I go about reinstalling photo booth without having to reinstall my entire leopard system?

Any further help or thought would be appreciated

4. spitkicker thread starter macrumors newbie

and... resetting PRAM did not work.... man this is getting frustrating

5. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

try deleting the photo booth preference file "com.apple.PhotoBooth.plist" in ~/Library/Preferences

6. spitkicker thread starter macrumors newbie

:( That didn't work either...

If I can't come up with any answers I think I'm just gonna back up all my stuff and re-install Leopard.
    or should I try to restore a working version of my computer with Time Machine?

Wait a second is it even possible to install a new version of leopard over my current version of leopard?

7. spitkicker thread starter macrumors newbie

well just an updated.. I fixed it apparently...

there was an update that came out around christmas.. and it makes my camera not be initiated by photobooth.
    I'm sure it's the new security update.

Anyways... I used time machine to go back to an earlier version.... and boom it works...

so if anyone else has issues this could be a remedy for you...

thanks for all the help everyone.

8. chiclets macrumors newbie

Also having Photobooth issues since Leopard Upgrade

Will there be a patch coming out for this? I too can use my iSight with iChat, but the screen is black when I open Photobooth. Anyone else have this problem and know if there is a solution? I don't have a previous backup through time machine before the last security update...:(

:confused: