Photo Booth

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kase1025, Aug 27, 2009.

1. kase1025 macrumors member

Photo Booth is installed, and opens and everything. It evens shows your face or whatever the camera is pointed at. You click to take the picture...it says "3...2...1" and snaps the picture but it doesnt save the picture. What is the problem?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

It doesn't like your face :p

Sorry couldn't resist

Does the images not show up on the film strip after the image is taken?

3. kase1025 thread starter macrumors member

ohhh ouch! haha. You know how normally when you take a picture it pops up in the little strip at the bottom, and you can see all of the pics you have taken...it doesnt come up down there

4. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Create a test user account and try to replicate the issue. If it works ok in the other user, pull ~/Library/Caches/com.apple.PhotoBooth and ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.PhotoBooth.plist from your original user to the Trash, log out, back in, and test the fix. If it doesn't work correctly in the other user, make sure you're running the latest version of the OS. If you're fully updated, because Photo Booth is considered a Core application you would either need to delete the application, then archive and install the system to get a fresh copy of Photo Booth on there or use Pacifist to find the install bundle on Install Disc 1 for your computer and install it individually.

5. kase1025 thread starter macrumors member

it might help to know this...

the other teacher deleted it off of her computer, so i copied it from my computer onto a flash drive and put it on her computer. and it does what i mentioned in the first post.

does that change anything?