Photo Consolidation App? Or Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by TheHumphries, Dec 27, 2009.

1. TheHumphries macrumors member

I am pretty sure this is asking WAY to much of any program but lets shoot anyways.

My wife and I recently purchased our third Mac system(iMac). She is an aspiring photographer. We have our oldest family pictures (most in iphoto) being moved to the imac from our mac mini and also her DSLR photos from our macbook to the imac as well.(she uses lightroom/photoshop)

The problem we are running into is we have probably about 100GB in photos and I know there are MANY MANY duplicates. The problem is the pictures are mixed formats(jpeg and raw) and some are the originals and some are edited. I'd like to get some sort of program(s) that could remove duplicates (if there is a dup in JPG and RAW, I'd like to keep the raw) and maybe group (its asking alot, I know) up the edited photos.

I am rather sure there is nothing out there like this but taking a shot out there and maybe someone has an idea(s) for us?

Thanks!

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I know LightRoom has the ability to determine duplicates when you import pictures, though I'm not sure how sophisticated it is, i.e., file name check or image comparison.