Photo contest?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by SLC Flyfishing, Mar 7, 2008.

1. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

I thought it might be fun to have a weekly photo contest on the forums here, open to everyone, and judged by one member. On another forum I frequent we have it set up so that the winner of the contest gets to pick the next topic and judge the entries. It's a lot of fun and I wanted to see what the general consensus was here?

Has this been tried in the past, would anyone be interested in participating? I'll get it started if there's enough interest from the forum members!

SLC

2. davinche macrumors regular

davinche

I don't think my skill level would be sufficient to enter any of the contests but the more opportunities I have to see the work of some of the users on this forum; I'm all for it.

3. fett macrumors 6502

fett

I think its a good idea. Another thing you could do is have the one user select the top 3 photos for the theme and let forum members vote for the winner in a poll.

4. SLC Flyfishing thread starter Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

Yeah, that would be a great idea too! We'll see what the general consensus is for the next day or two, if it's good (and I don't get any thumbs down from the admin) I'll start the competition off with a topic.

SLC

5. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

6. termina3 macrumors 65816

7. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

yeah i was wondering what hapened to the "assigments"....

8. Everythingisnt macrumors 6502a

Everythingisnt

I would love something like this.

Not that I'm particularly good enough to enter, but I'd certainly like to see what some of the Macrumors members can accomplish! :)

9. dllavaneras macrumors 68000

dllavaneras

10. termina3 macrumors 65816

If y'all want I can set up another assignment tonight... it's just a matter of copying/pasting code.

Interest level?

11. Everythingisnt macrumors 6502a

Everythingisnt

12. iBallz macrumors 6502

iBallz

It may be hard to participate, but would like to see it too!

13. SolracSelbor macrumors 6502

I dont know if anyone will like this idea but i posted this in the "Assignment 18" thread which is suppose to be the "contest" thread. I thought we should have a real monthy contest similar to this:

14. Grimace macrumors 68040

Grimace

Let's keep the contest thread here for clarity. Maybe you could set the guidelines for the rest of us to follow (and edit the thread title to remove the question mark). We can then keep separate the assignment from contest (since there isn't always an audience overlap.)

15. termina3 macrumors 65816

I would actually suggest starting a new thread, and making it a biweekly/monthly/whatever deal.

Perhaps title format should be similar to the assignments for easier searching? "Contest 1 - Subject (Month Year)", "Contest 1 - Subject GALLERY" (for those that don't fall w/i the time frame) and, in the future "Contest N - Subject Selection" for subject selection (if necessary).

16. SLC Flyfishing thread starter Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

OK, I think that I'll start a weekly contest. Look for the thread if you're interested in participating, I think having it be a weekly thing instead of a monthly thing will help keep the contest from falling through the cracks.

Off to decide a topic for this week!

SLC

17. competearound macrumors newbie

competitons

There are numerous competitions that are currently going on around the world, but many of us don't know where to find them.

This prompted us to create a tool to help individuals or groups find their relative talent competitions, in one website. In

this way, anyone, from a small village to a big city, will have access to find what they want.

We offer a vairety of competitions in categories such as:

music writing, Fiction writing, Science, Art and Crafts, poetry, photography, scriptwriting, digital art and sketching, video

production, comic book design......etc and you can enter as manu competions as you like.

Please find more about the competitions in our website www.competearoundtheworld.com

Feel free to email us if you have any Questions. competeforums@gmail.com