Photo Critiquing Please

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by BOOSTD, Nov 8, 2007.

1. BOOSTD macrumors member

Hello all, I've been lurking the forums for a while now and finally decided to start posting a bit. I have only been seriously into photography for a little over 4 months. I originally started with a 1981 Minolta x700 and just recently upgraded to a Canon 30D. I have posted some of what I consider to be my best pics in hopes that you all will be able to give me some constructive critiquing. To date, I have not shown these pics to anyone else except for family and friends. Please give me feedback as I would love to become a better photographer.

First two are LITERALLY from the first roll of film that I shot with the Minolta x700 70 - 300mm lens with a red filter:
    "Balance"
    [​IMG]

"Lookout"
    [​IMG]

These next pics are more recent and the first good pics that I have taken with my Canon. All were taken with an EF 85mm f/1.8 lens:

"Train Stop Melancholy"
    [​IMG]

"Untitled"
    [​IMG]

"Catch of the Day"
    [​IMG]

"Ascent"
    [​IMG]

Thanks for your advice!!!

2. pilotkid macrumors 6502a

I think the one titled "Untitled" is the best one. The 2nd one down is good except its too dark, maybe its the red filter? I'm pretty new to photography myself so it might not be the red filter, I'm just guessing. The one at the train stop is pretty good as well.