Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lacobee11

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 5, 2012
I had a pic disc made from a roll of film (I know, old school). I inserted the disc in the slot of my iMac and a pic of a disc with the word "Photo" is on the desktop. Apparently I don't a have a program that reads this disc. Or do I? How can I view these pics? Also can't figure out how to eject this disc. Where do I go to do this? Eject under Finder isn't darkened, doesn't recognize a disc being in I guess, and I can't eject.
Thanks for all the help!

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I had a pic disc made from a roll of film (I know, old school). I inserted the disc in the slot of my iMac and a pic of a disc with the word "Photo" is on the desktop. Apparently I don't a have a program that reads this disc. Or do I? How can I view these pics? Also can't figure out how to eject this disc. Where do I go to do this? Eject under Finder isn't darkened, doesn't recognize a disc being in I guess, and I can't eject.
Thanks for all the help!
You should be able to double-click the Photo icon on your desktop to open the disc and view the contents. Just double-click on any pic to open it in Preview. To eject the disc, drag it to the Trash.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.