photo editing freeze macbook pro late 2012

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by 2011myzen, Dec 24, 2013.

1. 2011myzen, Dec 24, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2013

2011myzen macrumors newbie

I am doing a lot of photo editing- the specs on my mbp late 2012 15" are: MacBookPro9,1, Intel Core i7, 2.7 GHz, 16 GB, 1tb sata hd unused space 999
    I store all photos on external storage, 160 seagate, and 1 tb passport. I have been using Macphun's software: Intensify, Snap Heal, Photo Studio and Adobe Photoshop Elements 6- upgrading to 12 today.
    The problem: When editing larger areas I get the spinning wheel then the system freezes. I just upgraded my Ram thinking it would help, it does not. This started a little while ago, also, I could be editing an area and all of a sudden the pixels degrade and turn colors on the entire image. I have to reset before I can go one and save. Any insight???? Should I post this on a photo based forum?? Thanks

2. Coupz macrumors regular

First: never post your serial number in a public forum! No one needs your serial number to help you.
    Second: if you're working with really big pictures, your hdd could be the part that needs longer.
    I'm not sure, because I'm using SSDs since 3 or 4 years and never had such issues with my Macs.

3. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

What sort of photos are you editing? Are they RAW files? What are you shooting with?
    I shoot Nikon with a similar aged iMac and can edit no issue in LightRoom 5. I get the odd beach ball in DXO, but only for a few seconds.

4. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Seems that your external drives are too slow.
    Copy the files to internal drive and test.

You can also contact software maker for support.

5. 2011myzen thread starter macrumors newbie

Shooting wth nikon d90

Some are raw but they are converted first, most are JPEG. Since I just upgraded my memory maybe it will be resolved. Thanks
    Thanks
    I posted the ss in error copy and pasting. For the person who mentioned it.

6. OxyM macrumors newbie

to 2011myzen

Was the issue resolved?
    If not, you could contact Macphun support guys at support@macphun.com and send some of the photos you're trying to edit for testing.