Photo editing on MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AceC, May 26, 2014.

1. AceC macrumors member

I need to copy a head from one photo to place on another photo, and I don't know the easiest way to go about it.

I of course have iPhoto, and could download GIMP if necessary, assuming that's a safe download? How should I go about this overall?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You can easily do such basic copy/paste functions with Preview.

3. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

This is much harder to achieve successfully than it sounds, if you want an acceptable photograph as an end result then you may need gimp (yes it is a safe product but still download it from a reputable source), to blend the join properly.

If on the other hand you want to <just> copy and paste a head onto another photo and accept whatever that looks like (Frankensteinian probably), then Preview can do that for you.

Even when professionals do it, then end result can be obvious/detectable/disturbing....

4. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

You could use GIMP, yes, or grab a trial of Pixelmator.

I would select/copy the head from a little bit over the top, to around the shoulders (Like a headshot). Go to the other photo, make a new layer, and then paste it. Move it to where you need it to be, and then use a combination of the polygon lasso tool with the eraser.