Photo editing program question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bronxxbombaz213, Oct 5, 2010.

1. bronxxbombaz213 macrumors newbie

Hey guys....

Ive downloaded a bunch, but couldnt find one that fit my needs.

So on microsoft paint, you have the ability to set specific margins when printing, fit to page, center, etc... as well as change printer, paper type, and ink settings for optimal quality..

however i couldnt find one thus far to use on my mac.. closest ive downloaded has been google's picasa but there are only preset margins and nothing regarding print quality, etc

so i need a program with these capabilities..it doesnt need to be a good photo editor... i just need to open existing photos and be able to adjust print margins/ quality myself

thanks!

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

You suffer an embarrassment of riches, but you are looking for a Paint replacement. Every Mac ships with iPhoto. For those who want more power, there is the wonderful GraphicConverter. With its recent makeover, GC 7.0 is the best version yet. Adobe Photoshop Elements also recently received an upgrade. Pixelmator is the new kid on the block.

3. bronxxbombaz213 thread starter macrumors newbie

i dont think you got the point of my post... i said i dont need a powerful photo editor... i have a few i am happy with... but none of them have the functionalities that i said i needed: adjusting margins when printing, and changing print setting for quality, etc

i just need a program that does these two things... i have no problem editing in one program and then opening in another so i could adjust margins when printing, and change print setting for quality, etc

by no means do i miss MS paint... by no means am i looking for a photo editor as primitive as that to do editing on... i just need one that allows you to adjust margins when printing, and change print setting for quality, etc on my mac, which i have yet to find

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

You clearly did not look at any of the applications that I mention in my previous post.