Photo editing programs for mac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by badgerdozer, Dec 22, 2008.

1. badgerdozer macrumors newbie

What is a good reasonably priced photo editing program for Mac, I have been using Adobe PhotoDelux that came with my HP and really like it.
    Jim

2. skybolt macrumors 6502a

How advanced are you/do you want to be? Are you professional? Tell us more about your requirements and we can help. If you only do minor editing, then iPhoto can work for you, but if you need more muscle, there are other apps that will help.

3. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....if you've been using Photo Deluxe and are happy with it, then your best bet is probably Adobe's Photoshop Elements. It's very inexpensive and does everything the "average" person needs (and then some!) - it is basically what the old Photo Deluxe has evolved into....oh yeah!

4. Doju macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

Aperture is terrific. I highly recommend it. :)

5. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Photoshop Elements vote from me, it's a good all round app for anyone looking to progress/want's a broader feature set.

6. n8mac macrumors 6502

+1 for photoshop elements from Adobe. If you ever find it lacking you can always get photoshop. Both have many versions and are mature. Adobe definitely has a monopoly in the digital photo realm.

7. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Photoshop/Elements and Aperture and very different applications, both useful in their own way. I'd wait to hear more about what the OP is looking for before venturing a suggestion.