Photo Editing Software

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bmxracer, Apr 19, 2014.

1. bmxracer macrumors member

bmxracer

What are some of the best photo editing software programs? I have used photopad image editor an was wondering if there was any software that is better?

2. simsaladimbamba

What kind of photo editing do you want to do? Ever looked at Pixelmator, Photoshop Elements, Photoshop or Gimp or many of the other alternatives?

3. bmxracer thread starter macrumors member

bmxracer

I race bmx and am trying to make a custom number plate. I start out with a basic hand-drawn shape of the plate and add numbers, graphics, and logos over top of it. I wish to do a border around my custom shaped plate but photopad will not let me do that, as it is not a square, rectangle, or circle.

4. CrickettGrrrl macrumors 6502a

CrickettGrrrl

A border is called a stroke. You can add these to any shape using the Styles palette in Pixelmator or using iDraw (iDraw allows you to add more than one stroke btw). You can choose solid colors or gradients, etc., and set the stroke to inside, center or outside the shape, and different widths. You'll get crisper edges with a vector program like iDraw, although Pixelmator also has vector shapes, it rasterizes them on export.