Photo Editing

Discussion in 'iMac' started by steve am, Apr 19, 2014.

1. steve am macrumors newbie

Evening all!
    I'm new to the forum also new to mac, just bought my first one. my main reason for buying a mac is I'm lead to believe there really good for photo/video editing.

what I'm wanting to do is take some photos (like my sons birthday pictures) & be able to make a book for him.

reason being my son is autistic & non verbal. he loves nothing more than sitting with a story book, so i thought it would be really cool to be able to take some photos such as birthday/christmas and have these photos made into a picture book for him.

can anyone please help with some recommendations so i can do this for him?
    apps or software i should have.

i know iPhoto does stuff like this but is it the best way? i.e. cheapest/easy to use

my computer skill are be ally basic so don't want anything that a beginner wouldn't be able to use.

thank in advance for your advice

steve.

2. hfg macrumors 68040

hfg

3. steve am thread starter macrumors newbie

4. MasterHowl macrumors 65816

MasterHowl

I've made two Books from iPhoto now.

One was for a present for my geology teacher upon leaving sixth form, and I made a "chapter" for each field trip the class had been on. The second was a wedding album for my mum's close friend.

Both books turned out absolutely brilliant. They came on high quality paper, and the print quality was awesome.

They were so easy to make as well. There's even an option for iPhoto to do all the work for you, no work required on your part. However, to really personalise them all you have to do is drag and drop your photos. It really is so easy and fun to do.

5. technosaints macrumors newbie

Before you print, try to sharpen the pic and increase the brightness a bit. That should help to get a good clarity on the photos when you print.

thanks
    G

6. rambo47 macrumors 6502a

rambo47

Those iPhoto books come out gorgeous. Very high quality material used.

7. steve am thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for all your help guys. I'm hoping to give it ago when i get enough spare time. thanks again
    Steve.